Liquid smoke

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Liquid smoke

Post by Negromancer »

So I've got myself this liquid smoke stuff. I saw they had it in one of my regulars, so they've obviously used it for some sort of concoction. Now, what do I do with it apart from having it in my hamburger?
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Liquid smoke

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

CHUG
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

never come across it myself, but I'd be tempted to try it in bolognese
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Negromancer wrote:So I've got myself this liquid smoke stuff. I saw they had it in one of my regulars, so they've obviously used it for some sort of concoction. Now, what do I do with it apart from having it in my hamburger?
There are many liquid smoke products out there. Some include other ingredients/seasonings. As far as I know, Wright's Liquid Smoke is the only one that contains nothing but condensed wood smoke and water. But any and all of them will impart a smokey flavor.

I use LS in barbecue sauce, fajitas and once in awhile, a tiny (TINY) drop in a Bloody Mary.

Go easy with the stuff...a little goes a long way.

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

That shit is pretty potent! I tried a drop in my bloody mary, I liked it though it was borderline too much smoke.
I have no idea what to use it for apart from cooking though. Except for the obvious.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."