Cracker Jack drink?

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Jeanien2
Tippler
Tippler

Cracker Jack drink?

Post by Jeanien2 »

I am trying to figure out how to make drink that is supposed to taste like Cracker Jacks. I can find some, but they are calling for a cream based liquor, and I am looking for a clear one.

My mother had one in Dallas at the Gingerman, and I am trying to recreate it for her.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Cracker Jack drink?

Post by Chimneyfish »

I found this cool website that looks like it has everything you're looking for

http://tinyurl.com/5wtrefx

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Not to appear obtuse or s*ober but, while pondering all the wonderful kitchen tools available today, have you considered pureeing some real C-Jacks in a blender with, say, a wee bit of Peppermint Schnaaps(sp)...just to get an idea about taste/consistency?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:I found this cool website that looks like it has everything you're looking for

http://tinyurl.com/5wtrefx
Btw..this guy is a degenerate gambler and is known to frequent bars in the Fresno vicinity and follow hockey in San Jose...
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Jeanien2
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Jeanien2 »

Thanks, I do know how to google. But I was looking for cracker jack martini, but your search with the word "cocktail" did the trick. That looks just about right!

Thank you.

Jeanien2
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Jeanien2 »

Well, that's not the right drink. I'll just have to keep looking.

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

I'm just tossing an idea out here, but if I were trying to create a drink that tasted like crackerjacks, two ingredients I'd be putting in it are amaretto for the nutty flavor and butterscotch schnapps because that's as close to caramel as I can figure you'll find.

Another possibility might be to put the amaretto and butterscotch schnapps together, float bacardi 151 over the the shot, light it on fire in order to caramelize the sugar content of the liquers and get a roastier flavor. That might approximate the tastes of butter, caramel, and nuts that is essential for crackerjacks.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Actually there is a caramel vodka (might even be a liqueur) out there.

Either way, screw this beverage. Drink whiskey.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

Resident Asshole wrote:Actually there is a caramel vodka (might even be a liqueur) out there.

Either way, screw this beverage. Drink whiskey.
Good idea. Or if you absolutely have to have cracker jack flavor, sitting back and enjoying a few beers and munching a bowl of cracker jacks on the side sounds like a decent way to get it done.

SourMash
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SourMash »

I always thought Cracker Jack had more of a molasses flavor, not so much caramel. Maybe something like Goslings Black Seal rum might get you a little closer.