Liquid Roofies

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

KissMyPabst
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Liquid Roofies

Post by KissMyPabst »

Drinking one now, and I promise it will cure what ails you...

1 part Everclear
3 parts Nyquil

Pour over rocks, enjoy, and welcome oblivion.
Can I pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?
A little early isn't it, Woody?
For a beer?
No, for stupid questions...

"I got me a bottle and a dream, it's so maudlin it seems..."

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: Liquid Roofies

Post by John Barleycorn »

Ahh, a life-saving elixir!

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Damn... that sounds mighty good right about now. Falling asleep has always been a problem for me.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Be careful, Nyquil has acetaminophen, which doesn't play nice with booze in your liver.

If you really need help sleeping, try melatonin and a bottle of red wine.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

A lude and a twelver
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

KissMyPabst
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by KissMyPabst »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Be careful, Nyquil has acetaminophen, which doesn't play nice with booze in your liver.

If you really need help sleeping, try melatonin and a bottle of red wine.

I hear ya, friend, and i'm not advocating drinking 5 of these a night. But 2-3 of em every other night guarantees some sweet dreams at least...

Granted, I'm currently bendering in Vegas, so they're only being used as a last resort when I realize that it's 6 in the morning, I've been up drinking for 3 straight days, and could really handle a few hours of shuteye.
Can I pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?
A little early isn't it, Woody?
For a beer?
No, for stupid questions...

"I got me a bottle and a dream, it's so maudlin it seems..."

TheSaturatedMan
Tippler
Tippler

Post by TheSaturatedMan »

Question for the Hard of Thinking:
Everclear. Could we get a definition on that?
Nyquil we have in Oz, but the Everclear connects neurons to give: Indie American Band or Contact wash for eyes...

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

KissMyPabst wrote:Granted, I'm currently bendering in Vegas, so they're only being used as a last resort when I realize that it's 6 in the morning, I've been up drinking for 3 straight days, and could really handle a few hours of shuteye.
If you've been up drinking for 3 days I doubt that you need Nyquil to sleep, you probably just need to stop doing blow.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Everclear is corn liquor that's been distilled to 190 proof, basically pure alcohol. (at higher proofs the alcohol will actually absorb moisture from the atmosphere to lower its own purity. science!)

It's actually illegal in some states in the US. So they sell a watered down 151 proof.

Essentially, it's a super-high proof vodka that only idiots try to drink straight.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Resident Asshole wrote:
KissMyPabst wrote:Granted, I'm currently bendering in Vegas, so they're only being used as a last resort when I realize that it's 6 in the morning, I've been up drinking for 3 straight days, and could really handle a few hours of shuteye.
If you've been up drinking for 3 days I doubt that you need Nyquil to sleep, you probably just need to stop doing blow.
Hahaha, exactly what I was thinking.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Everclear is corn liquor that's been distilled to 190 proof, basically pure alcohol. (at higher proofs the alcohol will actually absorb moisture from the atmosphere to lower its own purity. science!)

It's actually illegal in some states in the US. So they sell a watered down 151 proof.

Essentially, it's a super-high proof vodka that only idiots try to drink straight.
Thanks for informing our southern-hemisphere friend but 'only idiots try to drink straight'? I resent this. It's perfectly proper to drink Everclear straight when you're trying to prove you're a total monster after puking on your birthday surrounded by either friends or concerned onlookers.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

LWTCS
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by LWTCS »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Everclear is corn liquor that's been distilled to 190 proof, basically pure alcohol. (at higher proofs the alcohol will actually absorb moisture from the atmosphere to lower its own purity. science!)
Ah some relief......Information can be soothing also......U makin?
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

DeeboCools wrote:Thanks for informing our southern-hemisphere friend but 'only idiots try to drink straight'? I resent this. It's perfectly proper to drink Everclear straight when you're trying to prove you're a total monster after puking on your birthday surrounded by either friends or concerned onlookers.
Apologies, idiots and TOTAL FUKKEN MONSTAS \m/

LWTCS: I do a bit of homebrewing here and there, no distilling for me. My environs are a bit too urban to get a still going. God bless those that do.