How much booze do you keep on hand?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: How much booze do you keep on hand?

Post by oettinger »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:45 pm
I used to just buy for the week and never be able to keep any real stock in due to drinking faster than my pay cheque could handle. I earn a little more now and when we bought our first house a few years ago I told the Mrs I wanted to start a proper liquor cabinet.
It's going ok so far. Usually like 8-10 decent bourbons, a couple of nice single malts, a 3-4 nice gins and a couple of bottles of decent rum...on top of all that I always keep a good bottle of tequila, and a decent bottle of vodka, bitters and a whole heap of lower shelf but not quite rotgut liquor. The success of the collection is based on this lower shelf liquor...I may have a whole heap of decent shit in but 9 times out of 10 I'll just have a beam/beefeater/sailor jerrys/etc... This means all higher shelf shit I get for presents or when it's on offer lasts a little longer.

Beer I buy and drink in huge quantities so I usually have 2-3 cases lined up but they don't last long at all.
Perfect
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:45 pm
I used to just buy for the week and never be able to keep any real stock in due to drinking faster than my pay cheque could handle. I earn a little more now and when we bought our first house a few years ago I told the Mrs I wanted to start a proper liquor cabinet.
It's going ok so far. Usually like 8-10 decent bourbons, a couple of nice single malts, a 3-4 nice gins and a couple of bottles of decent rum...on top of all that I always keep a good bottle of tequila, and a decent bottle of vodka, bitters and a whole heap of lower shelf but not quite rotgut liquor. The success of the collection is based on this lower shelf liquor...I may have a whole heap of decent shit in but 9 times out of 10 I'll just have a beam/beefeater/sailor jerrys/etc... This means all higher shelf shit I get for presents or when it's on offer lasts a little longer.

Beer I buy and drink in huge quantities so I usually have 2-3 cases lined up but they don't last long at all.
I'm trying to build a liquor cabinet this year myself. Not exactly a proper one with an assortment of liquors, just my usual bourbon (Beam/Williams), Irish (Bushmills black/Tullamore Dew), Scotch (Glenfiddich) and rye (Dickel/High West) whiskies. As opposed to just a handle of boubon and one other bottle which was what I did previously.
I also try to keep the fridge stocked with beer and have a 30 pack on deck. Cheers to a more varried drinking year.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I like those wooden globe things for a cabinet, but they don`t have enough storing space for a nice collection

Edit: maybe a big shelf in the living room and the globe in the office
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:43 am
I like those wooden globe things for a cabinet, but they don`t have enough storing space for a nice collection

i was bidding on one of these at one point but the price got daft....to be fair the storage is all in the trolley itself the globe on the one I was looking at was just for ice
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:34 pm
oettinger wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:43 am

i was bidding on one of these at one point but the price got daft....to be fair the storage is all in the trolley itself the globe on the one I was looking at was just for ice
Dayam I wished that booze lasted long enough to be put somewhere.

Patchez has a cabinet and so many bottles that he rotates. I mean, he actually does a pirouettes when approaching it like a ballet dancer in his leotards. I've seen this. (never allow him to offer a sample Lao Lao)

Now, if I have booze on hand, then it must be slurped before it hits the floor. Never abuse alcohol by spilling it.
I much prefer booze IN hand, either with bottle, or rocks glass, or tightly held cupping action of the hand palm.

Takes practice, and I have many more bottles to go. (Frost)

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Wow I'm discovering Patchez really has quite the collection of leotards and yoga pants! Does this include tutu's? The "Kill the Wabbit" Bugs Bunny cartoon comes to mind.

I wish I had a more refined taste to have a cabinet. But I don't own any decent liquor to show off. It's very much like Wayne's World; "...a gun rack. I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack".

Instead, I am more of the Tiki Bar type that would have all the necessary cheap booze on hand to make typical cocktails. Definitely a shaker so I can make martinis on the random epic moments I have top shelf vodka. But a booze connoisseur that deserves a liquor cabinet, sadly I am not. I'm a charlatan. I've always had glass bourbon barrels with taps because I like the look of it and I don't even drink that type of stuff. It's a sham!
Okole maluna!