Grandads medicine

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

BalzactheJawsofDeath
Souse
Souse

Grandads medicine

Post by BalzactheJawsofDeath »

I cant remember what its called or what was in it, but i know he didnt invent it. One time i had a bastard of a cold, might have been swine flu(theres a story behing that for another time). Anyway, pops made me something that had whiskey, honey, other ingredients and was warmed up in the microwave. It knocked the pants off some nyquil and tussin, so i was hopeing one of the veterans here might have some insight.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Grandads medicine

Post by Mr. Viking »

it's a hot toddy. At home my dad would usually use some cheap scotch, mixed with a little honey, and some cinamon, ginger or other spices if he could be bothered, then with a little hot water added. Probably lots of recipes out there on the interweb. If you don't want to go to the bother of all those ingredients, Drambuie is very similar straight out of the bottle.
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

BalzactheJawsofDeath
Souse
Souse

Post by BalzactheJawsofDeath »

Yeah thats it. Thanks

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

BalzactheJawsofDeath wrote:I cant remember what its called or what was in it, but i know he didnt invent it. One time i had a bastard of a cold, might have been swine flu(theres a story behing that for another time). Anyway, pops made me something that had whiskey, honey, other ingredients and was warmed up in the microwave. It knocked the pants off some nyquil and tussin, so i was hopeing one of the veterans here might have some insight.
Yeah hot toddy is good for a cold

qualityleashdog
Tippler
Tippler

Post by qualityleashdog »

Rock n' Rye is also good for a cold, a hangover, just to warm up or just because. I pour it in a coffee cup, about 1/3-1/2 full, depending on size of cup. I add some spice to taste, which can include cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice or whatever you like. Orange or lemon slice or wedge if you have one. I have a water cooler with 190 degree water on call, and I top it off with that. Drink it down before it cools, and you'll be fine.