Chocolate booze

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Jose Beam
Booze Head
Booze Head

Chocolate booze

Post by Jose Beam »

I'm looking to combine the tastey sweetness of the New York egg cream with my routine, but awesome love of getting hammerd. My attempted concoctions involving Yoo-Hoo, 7up, seltzer water, vodka, and chocolate sauce have all been in vain. Any suggestions would help. Please bear in mind that I live on the opposite coast of New Yawk and am a low-rent motherfuck who doesn't want to invest in a soda fountain.
I can't be your kind, and you can't be mine. Cos I've got wine... on my mind... all the time. -Johnny Paycheck

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Chocolate booze

Post by Miklo »

they make a chocolate wine, i have not tried it but i have seen it. you might give that a try, or make a burtal hammer out of it. (chocolate hammer)
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

that chocolate wine shit is undrinkable. i tried.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Wingman wrote:that chocolate wine shit is undrinkable. i tried.
thanks, the old lady has been wanting to try this.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Jose Beam
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jose Beam »

Chocolate wine would only end up as a big brown stain on my carpet.
I can't be your kind, and you can't be mine. Cos I've got wine... on my mind... all the time. -Johnny Paycheck

Jose Beam
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Jose Beam »

I may take the easy route and have a go with a bottle of this stuff:

Lush30
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Lush30 »

Miklo wrote:they make a chocolate wine, i have not tried it but i have seen it. you might give that a try, or make a burtal hammer out of it. (chocolate hammer)
Had that it was disgusting I kept it down despite necking the entire bottle within two hours...never again.
I'm not an alcoholic, I'm just passionate about alcohol ; )

Jollyroger1210
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Halfway between Yuengling and the Whiskey Rebellion

Post by Jollyroger1210 »

Jose Beam wrote:I may take the easy route and have a go with a bottle of this stuff:
What is this stuff like? MY local has a bottle, but nobody ever orders it. I might break down and just buy some from the candy store some time. Can't be that bad, right?
"I only drink on days that start with a T; Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow."

NightShiftCharlie
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by NightShiftCharlie »

Can't help you with the egg cream idea, but I came up with a Chocolate Russian. i just replaced the regular milk with Chocolate milk and the white cream de cacao with the brown stuff. Oh, and a couple of drops of vanilla extract helps to bring out the flavor.
May you all be hung, drawn, and quartered!
Yes, HUNG - with precious metals and jewels
DRAWN - in a coach and four
and QUARTERED - in the finest homes in the land.

WolfOfTheWest
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by WolfOfTheWest »

I've done this with Mars bars and it is FRIGGING amazing. Not sure what you would use in New York, but if you can track some down, I would recommend it :P

For a 70cl bottle of Vodka you'll want about 6 or 7 bars.

Half fill a pan with water and heat it on the hob.
Put a pyrex bowl in the middle of the water so it surrounds the bowl but does not go in.
Chop up the Mars bars (or whatever chocolate you'll be using) and put them in the bowl once the water is simmering.
As the choclate melts, add in some vodka little by little, stirring constantly.
Keep doing this until all the vodka has been added, then keep mixing until everything forms a smooth blend. The caramel will be the last part to melt in, but it'll go eventually.
Let everything cool, then bottle. Once the mixture is down to room temperature, get it in the freezer for 24 hours. It won't freeze but will form a thick and cold texture.
After the 24 hours it's good to go! Keep it in the freezer when your not drinking, but once I've made a batch, I tend to neck the whole thing immediately. The ends more than justify the means!!
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" — Charles Bukowski

PFrank

Post by PFrank »

I know I'm bizarre-o, but chocolate-anything makes me want to wretch. Yuck.