Hot drinks with gin?

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Hot drinks with gin?

Post by JimLahey »

Does anyone know any hot drink recipes that include gin?

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Hot drinks with gin?

Post by Miklo »

How about a gin toddy

3 shots of gin
2 shots boiling water
1/2 lime
pinch of sugar (optional)
garnish with cinamon stick
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

That's a good one but there's something about the aftertaste of it that doesn't agree with me.
Anyone else have any?

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I've read in the supplements in the sunday paper about a fashion for gin and tea, but I don't think it would work unless it was really fancy tea
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

"fancy tea."

heh.

heheheheh.

bloody brits.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Mr. Viking wrote:I've read in the supplements in the sunday paper about a fashion for gin and tea, but I don't think it would work unless it was really fancy tea
No, it goes great together....Last friday, I was working late trying to finish up on my finals. I was already about half way through a bottle of jameson and I needed to mix up somthing to give me a little boost. I look around my hotel and notice that the room was equiped with a kerug. you know one of those individual cup coffe makers. At first I was thinking that an irish coffee would do, then I saw in the basket that I had a selection of coffee and tea. I went for a litte expirement and made a green tea and gin drink. It hit the spot. I recommend giving it a try.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Miklo wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:I've read in the supplements in the sunday paper about a fashion for gin and tea, but I don't think it would work unless it was really fancy tea
No, it goes great together....Last friday, I was working late trying to finish up on my finals. I was already about half way through a bottle of jameson and I needed to mix up somthing to give me a little boost. I look around my hotel and notice that the room was equiped with a kerug. you know one of those individual cup coffe makers. At first I was thinking that an irish coffee would do, then I saw in the basket that I had a selection of coffee and tea. I went for a litte expirement and made a green tea and gin drink. It hit the spot. I recommend giving it a try.
Hmmm. Green tea is a good idea. Maybe Jasmine tea would work too.
I got tons of different teas at home and I've been mixing lots of booze with them recently. Woohooo!