Gin and Tonic

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

jalopezp
Tippler
Tippler

Gin and Tonic

Post by jalopezp »

Hi! I just joined your forum. It's nice to be here, I do enjoy drinking and talking about drinking.

So I got this Turing test
Image to validate my registration and it got me thinking about Gin and Tonics. I'll also put lime on them, and will add a cucumber if using Hendrick's. My friend claims pomegranate is surprisingly good in them. Is there anything I should try on a gin and tonic?

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Gin and Tonic

Post by Mr. Viking »

I would like to see how well fresh blood would go in one
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

jalopezp wrote:Hi! I just joined your forum. It's nice to be here, I do enjoy drinking and talking about drinking.

So I got this Turing test to validate my registration and it got me thinking about Gin and Tonics. I'll also put lime on them, and will add a cucumber if using Hendrick's. My friend claims pomegranate is surprisingly good in them. Is there anything I should try on a gin and tonic?
It wouldn't occur to me to use pomegranate juice in a G&T...especially if you also include fresh lime or lime juice. Other than gin, tonic and a bit of lime, I've never had anything else in a G&T, except at a Cajun restaurant in Texas, where they included a partially-sliced jalapeño pepper...which was tasty.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

peetie44 wrote: where they included a partially-sliced jalapeño pepper...which was tasty.
This may be the enticement I need to start my affair with gin.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Patchez wrote:
peetie44 wrote: where they included a partially-sliced jalapeño pepper...which was tasty.
This may be the enticement I need to start my affair with gin.
Me and Gin have been together for quite some time and need to spice things up to keep the relationship strong; I will have to give this a go.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I once had a spectacular nose-bleed into a G&T. Still drank it, 'though.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Palinka wrote:I once had a spectacular nose-bleed into a G&T. Still drank it, 'though.
was it good?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Gin and ...Tonic? Do they mix?

• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Zippy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Zippy »

Nosebleeds or not, Gin & tonic is the great. I like Saphire.
It's always a good day to get ripped!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Mr. Viking wrote:
Palinka wrote:I once had a spectacular nose-bleed into a G&T. Still drank it, 'though.
was it good?
I have drunk things far worse but it wouldn't be my first choice.

A Chef friend used to like to put a measure of cow blood (from the meatlocker - they cut their steaks etc., to suit the recipe or the customer, on the premises) into his Bloody Mary pitcher*, for the Sunday Brunch crowd and they were fucking delicious.

* He always got a big kick out of it whenever a vegetarian would have one and nearly die laughing if a vegetarian complimented his Bloody Marys. Mind you, they were good. I'll try and dig out his recipe and post it.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:
was it good?
I have drunk things far worse but it wouldn't be my first choice.

A Chef friend used to like to put a measure of cow blood (from the meatlocker - they cut their steaks etc., to suit the recipe or the customer, on the premises) into his Bloody Mary pitcher*, for the Sunday Brunch crowd and they were fucking delicious.

* He always got a big kick out of it whenever a vegetarian would have one and nearly die laughing if a vegetarian complimented his Bloody Marys. Mind you, they were good. I'll try and dig out his recipe and post it.
That gave me the willies. Damn.

OK, so where's the recipe?

Ya know...
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

NightShiftCharlie
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by NightShiftCharlie »

Sodastream stopped selling tonic water mix over here, and it's pissing me off, since I could keep it in rinsed-out 2 liter bottles instead of having to deal with all those 1 liter bottle they insist on selling tonic water in. Plus, it didn't have high fructose corn syrup (it might have been sweetened with half sugar, half Splenda, but it was still better than most of them. Now I've got to find a new tonic water. Any suggestions?
May you all be hung, drawn, and quartered!
Yes, HUNG - with precious metals and jewels
DRAWN - in a coach and four
and QUARTERED - in the finest homes in the land.

IndyGuy77
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by IndyGuy77 »

Whole Foods sells a line of sugar-only sodas in cans, including soda water, tonic water and ginger ale. They're perfectly serviceable in G&Ts. They're something like 40 cents a piece, IIRC.
Current favorite drinks: BOOKERS!! Bombay Sapphire, Makers Mark, Trader Joe's Germanic beers

May a moody baby doom a yam?

NightShiftCharlie
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Problem is, there's no Whole Foods in Carbondale; the closest thing is a Neighborhood Co-op. And the thing about SodaStream was that I could keep it bigger containers than those 1 liter bottles regular tonic water comes in, much less cans. Guess I'll have to stick with 7-Up (see my post below).

NightShiftCharlie
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

I finally had to break down over the weekend and get a 6pak of Hansen's from the Co-op. More later.