Gin and Tonic

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Gin and Tonic

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:
Dear Booze wrote:...I've had occasion where I've purchased the bid 2L of tonic and didn't finish it. Then when I went back to it a week or so later, I found that it went bad. The shit doesn't have much of a shelf life after it's opened. So now I buy the little ones that come in 6 packs.
TRVTH.

Yup.
When it comes to tonic, the six pack of little glass bottles is the only way to fly. It doesn't even cost that much more, since you're going to dispose of the flat remains of that 1L or 2L plastic bottle anyway. Unless you're having a G&T marathon. Which is perfectly acceptable, but I prefer not to ingest that much sugar in one sitting.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Last night at the bar they charged me 7,70 € for a single G&T. Mostly ice in it, what a ripoff!!!!! Went to another bar right after finishing it
Drink!

Gall4185
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Gall4185 »

what was the gin? if it was basic,then I can understand your disgust,but some of the more premium ones with an upmarket tonic...that's about average

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Gall4185 wrote:what was the gin? if it was basic,then I can understand your disgust,but some of the more premium ones with an upmarket tonic...that's about average
bombay saphirre I think
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Gall4185 wrote:what was the gin? if it was basic,then I can understand your disgust,but some of the more premium ones with an upmarket tonic...that's about average
bombay saphirre I think

P always said that Hendrick's and Sapphire was for folks who don't like gin.

Gimme Bombay 1761 instead, if you are into bombay

Gall4185
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Gall4185 »

Ouch,for bombay that's pretty steep unless it was the Star of Bombay. Even then it's pricey