Not astonishing, likely not new

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Not astonishing, likely not new

Post by Patchez »

Mild and muggy here on the East Coast, close air makes it hard to breathe. Something refreshing and light, perhaps.

Ice, four fingers of Evan Williams Hand Select, a splash of Triple Sec and top it off with Sprite or your local equivalent.

Turned out rather nice and just "fits" tonite.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Not astonishing, likely not new

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Sounds nice, will have to try. Citrus and whiskey go great together but people don't really explore it outside of your whiskey sours.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Patchez, you do seem to know how to make alcohol work for you. A true drunkard. I have had a few rums and whiskeys with lime tonight
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know if I make it work for me, I just seem to drift where the weather an mood take me. I like trying things outside the usual or more a spinoff of the usual.

And now that Mr. Viking has mentioned rum and lime, this may be the theme for Wed. nights fishing trip.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Sounds nice, will have to try. Citrus and whiskey go great together but people don't really explore it outside of your whiskey sours.

I've only sipped good whiskey or shot "other" whiskey, (and had the whiskey sours on a boat heading to Cozumel) but a lime is an interesting idea...

Half Injun, half 'Murrican Limey, I will ascribe to this new taste this weekend.

Thank you, Gentlemen Patchez and Jiggers McCoy for your explorations into new "medicinal" potion concoctions for we Drunkards.

CHEERS
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze