A Very Bloody Mary

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: A Very Bloody Mary

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Badfellow wrote:...Smirnoff Vodka promoted a recipe back in the early 60's around the same time as the Screwdriver and the Moscow Mule, but this one was called a "Bull Shot" and was essentially vodka flavored with beef bullion...
I don't know about Smirnoff's involvement but I think that the "Bull Shot" has been around for longer than since the '60s; it was mentioned in "The 39 Steps" (certainly the novel, I just looked it up, not so sure about the movie versions, though).
You may care to investigate my recipe and treatise on the subject, and I can heartily recommend it.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

RP Owens
Souse
Souse

Post by RP Owens »

Hats off to the author of this one. Absolutely divine.
"I don't have a drinking problem. 'Cept when I can't get a drink." -- Tom Waits

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

"Bloody Hell"

I was wondering what happened to the bottle of Everclear from Illinoisbut found out the hard way:

1 jigger alcohol in it's full sense

2 tblspn tomato paste

1 tblspn Mrs Dog Hot pepper sauce

1 tblsn Thai sweet pepper sauce

! teaspoon worshestershire

1 teaspoon asian hot mustard (really just one of those little plastic things you get with egroll

Laoded with ice and stirred.

Brother in law was pretty damn proud of himself over this, I'm not sure I can aquire a taste.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Smatter Noguts wrote:"Bloody Hell"

I was wondering what happened to the bottle of Everclear from Illinoisbut found out the hard way:

2 tblspn tomato paste

1 teaspoon asian hot mustard (really just one of those little plastic things you get with egroll

Brother in law was pretty damn proud of himself over this, I'm not sure I can aquire a taste.
Your Grilled Bloody was certainly more creative, and sounded better to me. I like spicy, but not in my booze. I'll put Tabasco in a Mary, but only to the point where it adds flavor.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Yup, an overdone. Woke up at the cabin with just Zing Zang and vodka available and it was great as it stood, easy, and a balm to the hungover head that soon stopped throbbing. Franks hot sauce works better than oriental blends for me.

The grilled thing got a lot of positive comments when I served it up saturday morning; have some recommendations about grilling tomatos and throwing them in a blender as well as a piece of pepper. Will try this week

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I always use OJ instead of lemon, it`s cheaper. (if you notice a common theme here you are right!) But today got trouble drinking the mary because i failed to shake the juice and got to much fruit flesh innit. So beware of the whole tomatos Noguts, or blend really freaking long.
What worked wonderfuly was some water from pickled peperoni, gorgeous it was. Yummy
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Smatter Noguts wrote:"Bloody Hell"

2 tblspn tomato paste

teaspoon of wuster sauce is an awful lot. Must try thon
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:What worked wonderfuly was some water from pickled peperoni, gorgeous it was. Yummy
You're referring to these, right? Just checking, because most Americans reading that will think you mean the sausage we put on our pizzas in gloriously excessive amounts. Mmm, pepperoni. I like pickled peperoncini too, mind you.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

booznik wrote:
oettinger wrote:What worked wonderfuly was some water from pickled peperoni, gorgeous it was. Yummy
You're referring to these, right? Just checking, because most Americans reading that will think you mean the sausage we put on our pizzas in gloriously excessive amounts. Mmm, pepperoni. I like pickled peperoncini too, mind you.
You got that right, thanks for clarifying
Drink!

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

I'm working on infused vodkas this week, a number of directions in mind.

I know I shouldn't but gotta point out mybigfatbloodymary.com as a shill-site for a blend they are trying to sell while running down a variety of mixes and recipes. Meh.

God forbid I ever lord it over anyone to the extent these creatures do. Unless I'm drunk, that is, then I'm God-o-fucking-mighty.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

A great twist from my sister's fella:

The Nazi Rocket

2 oz Everclear
4 oz V-8
1 Tblspn A-1 Steak Sauce

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Try using (boiled and juiced) beetroot instead of tomato juice. Now that's a damned fine breakfast drink!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

oettinger wrote:I always use OJ instead of lemon, it`s cheaper. (if you notice a common theme here you are right!) But today got trouble drinking the mary because i failed to shake the juice and got to much fruit flesh innit. So beware of the whole tomatos Noguts, or blend really freaking long.
What worked wonderfuly was some water from pickled peperoni, gorgeous it was. Yummy
That actually sounds pretty good. I imagine the sweetness from the OJ takes it in a whole new direction. One for my ever-growing list. I'm learning heaps from these forums.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Homidipouras Dreunkis is ever evolving
Drink!

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

So the Tomatoes (Dan Quale spelling?) have ripened, and an aquientance of mine as left ne a Mason jar of mix, which has tomatoe, jalapino, and an undisclosednixof other stuff and it has a dill weed in the bottle and it iskick-ass, Milano and Zing Zang figure in but we are on the way to total conciousness here, so the next one may land e in Zanzabsrr it is as it is but the vodka is Belvidere and i dont care about the cheap voka agument it rocks and i will be unhappu when it ends.

signed.

Your freind