Online Cocktail Guide

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Online Cocktail Guide

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Online Cocktail Guide

Post by Mr. Viking »

might make use of that, heading home next week to attend a cocktail party for my sister's birthday
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Online Cocktail Guide

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I hope that you find it useful. I do like the way that they have a rating, from "easy" to "difficult" beside every cocktail listed.
I hope that you have a good cocktail shaker available, R-. If not, check out Debenhams, where they have a fairly sizable, stainles steel shaker on sale for £6, that looks like it would be up for the challenge. Top tip: always have a minimum of two cocktail shakers for any cocktail party, so that you can switch from on cocktail to the next, whilst leaving the first shaker to soak in a tub of hot water in preparation for the next time you need it. Also, when doing the shaking, use an old-school straight-sided, thick and sturdy pint glass, like this:

One glass for each shaker. This will give you more space inside the shaker, ensuring that the cocktail is properly mixed and the ice will chill the drink more efficiently. Once the drink has been given a proper mixing (use both hands and a firm grip - I use surgical gloves to make sure that I have a good grip), put the shakers top on and use the cap to have a sample to have a quick taste, for quality control, and then filter the cocktail into the right glass, and bingo - Bob's your Auntie's live-in lover!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage