Hangman's Blood

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Hangman's Blood

Post by booznik »

Currently debating trying the Hangman's Blood.

I am currently out of port and Guinness, and I don't regularly stock Champagne. But the adventurer in me wants to explore this territory.

" This cocktail was devised in the 1960s by novelist and playwright Anthony Burgess, who is perhaps best known for the novel, A Clockwork Orange. This cocktail is not one for the faint-hearted as it contains a double shot of gin, rum, whisk(e)y, brandy and Port all poured into a pint glass. To this add 4oz of Champagne and the pint is then topped up with Guinness.

Burgess wrote in The Guardian newspaper of this cocktail: “It tastes very smooth, induces a somehow metaphysical elation, and rarely leaves a hangover … I recommend this for a quick, though expensive, lift.” "
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Hangman's Blood

Post by Mr. Viking »

I'm buying port tomorrow and this shall happen. Often go for guinness shandies; ginger beer, gin, guinness. Mixes well with most spirits
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:I'm buying port tomorrow and this shall happen. Often go for guinness shandies; ginger beer, gin, guinness. Mixes well with most spirits
Good man. May you fall gently through the table after experimenting with this one. I'm almost certain to try it, after I next indulge in a liquor cabinet restock.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

booznik wrote:Good man. May you fall gently through the table after experimenting with this one. I'm almost certain to try it, after I next indulge in a liquor cabinet restock.
table falling may be inevitable considering I'll have a full bottle of champagne to get through in 4 oz servings
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:
booznik wrote:Good man. May you fall gently through the table after experimenting with this one. I'm almost certain to try it, after I next indulge in a liquor cabinet restock.
table falling may be inevitable considering I'll have a full bottle of champagne to get through in 4 oz servings
You could always get one of those small bottles, but why do anything by half-measure, right?

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

booznik wrote:You could always get one of those small bottles...
no

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Chemical warfare was invented this way, but I will give it a shot.
The guinnes is hard to come by though, hmm...
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

oettinger wrote:Chemical warfare was invented this way, but I will give it a shot.
The guinnes is hard to come by though, hmm...
any black beer will do. especially as anthony burgess would have been drinking old style bottled guinness which was sharper. I would recommend budweiser dark as a better quality alternative

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:The guinnes is hard to come by though, hmm...
Is Guinness actually hard to find there? Or is it just priced out of range? I thought they were ubiquitous everywhere.

If it's available but too pricey, that's understandable.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

booznik wrote:
oettinger wrote:The guinnes is hard to come by though, hmm...
Is Guinness actually hard to find there? Or is it just priced out of range? I thought they were ubiquitous everywhere.

If it's available but too pricey, that's understandable.
Good point, I will throw a brick through the store`s window now and look for myself, I`m curious and stuff... oh cigs
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:Good point, I will throw a brick through the store`s window now and look for myself, I`m curious and stuff... oh cigs
The Liverpool Lockpick. Even in Germany they know it.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

booznik wrote:The Liverpool Lockpick. Even in Germany they know it.
talking of liverpool lockpick. Dad was in a hurry and couldn't find his keys so he smashed in the door of one of our buildings with a sledgehammer to get in more quickly

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:
booznik wrote:The Liverpool Lockpick. Even in Germany they know it.
talking of liverpool lockpick. Dad was in a hurry and couldn't find his keys so he smashed in the door of one of our buildings with a sledgehammer to get in more quickly
As Trotsky said, a sledgehammer breaks glass but forges steel.

He left out, "and opens doors".

Sounds like an expensive hurry to me.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

about £80 for a steel door plus £20 for a secure lock plus £150 or so fitment

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:about £80 for a steel door plus £20 for a secure lock plus £150 or so fitment
Was it worth it?