warm beer

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: warm beer

Post by Casual Binger »

oettinger wrote:Trick question Binger, a beer is cocking so you need to drink it before all the alcohol evaporates. What do you do? Use a straw?

To make matters worse, it`s sunday and you are shaking tremendiously
Cooking? This doesn't sound palatable. Sake I can drink hot. Whisky I can drink warm, but hot beer? I'm going to imagine, for the sake of the scenario that it's some kind of intensly dark, insanely strong superbeer that tastes more like three day old coffee grounds than regular beer. In this case heating it may actually improve it, n it could afford to boil off a little alcohol as it's 18% in my imagination. However, if I had ice I'd just go with that. If you fill a big glass to the brim with ice it'll cool down any liquid you fill it with quite quickly, you just have to pour carefully.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Casual Binger wrote:insanely strong superbeer that tastes more like three day old coffee grounds than regular beer.
Haha!
Say, you work in marketing don`t you?

I don`t remember typing anything of this.
Drink!

vodkagal613
Souse
Souse

Post by vodkagal613 »

I HATE warm beer! I have a mate who likes it though, and I always tell him it's like drinking piss. Annoys him every time!
"There's nothing wrong with enjoying a glass or two."

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

vodkagal613 wrote:I HATE warm beer! I have a mate who likes it though, and I always tell him it's like drinking piss. Annoys him every time!
Hahaha, super annoying indeed, not. To each his own. He should post a study which beer tastes the best consumed warm
Drink!

DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DivaBitch »

vodkagal613 wrote:I HATE warm beer! I have a mate who likes it though, and I always tell him it's like drinking piss. Annoys him every time!
agreed, I cuoldnt drink drink piss warm beer even in the winter. Hot alcohl drinks make the alcohl evapperate, I leanred that from flamming shots.
"If it feels good do it again, if it still feels good you're doing it right"
Image Image

Gall4185
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Gall4185 »

The problem with the outlook is that alcohol only evaporates about the pont of ignition. Certain beers,especially traditional ales and meads,work best as a live keg. Hell,even a decent porter or stout can be warmed in a pan for a winter soother

DharmaBum
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by DharmaBum »

The darker the beer the warmer it can be. If you are planning on drinking some of that awful Guinness-soup it should not be ice-cold, this is what I've been told.

If they serve drinks in hell it's probably a warm pilsener or even worse: a milk-based cocktail atrocity!
Just keep livin'