The Narragansett Michelada

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Nightclub Jitters
Souse
Souse

The Narragansett Michelada

Post by Nightclub Jitters »

Greetings, folks. I realize I'm being a bit bold with my first post, but I thought I'd share my recipe for the 'Gansett Michelada- a New England-style spin on the Mexican morning beer cocktail:

Ingredients:

- 1 can/bottle of Narragansett Beer
- 1 lime
- Clamato juice
- Tabasco hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Old Bay Seasoning
- ice cubes

I start out by rimming the glass with Old Bay (technically a Baltimore staple, I know), filling the glass about 3/4 full with ice, then squeezing in about half of a lime. Then I add a few dashes of the Tabasco and worcestershire before filling the glass about 1/3 of the way up with Clamato- the rest I fill with beer. If they're around, sometimes I'll garnish it with a cocktail shrimp. I haven't seen much mention of this drink on the forum, but it has become a fairly dependable hangover cure throughout the years. It's obviously not very strong, but sometimes I'll throw a shot of vodka or tequila in there to give it some extra firepower. If anyone has any feedback or suggestions for a snazzier name, feel free to let me know!
Jerry Horne: "Sweetheart, I'd like to order two drinks: one double scotch on the rocks, and my brother would like a double scotch on the rocks."

Waitress at One Eyed Jacks: "...That's two double scotch on the rocks?"

Jerry Horne: "Next stop, rocket science."

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: The Narragansett Michelada

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Very nice and welcome aboard!