amaretto latte cocktail

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

amaretto latte cocktail

Post by givemesomepils »

this is a great morning drink. doesn't get you loaded, tastes smooth, and gives you a nice caffeine boost.

anyway here is the amaretto late

1. brew a pot of coffee
2. add your usual amount of sugar or none.
3. place coffee in refrigerator until cooled
3. mix in cream (not coffee creamer) or milk
4 our 2 to 3 egg whites depending on size of the coffee or egg
5. add your favorite amaretto liqueur. and the amount varies on the amount of bite you want out of a morning drink.
6.shake vigorously until the drink resembles a foam latte
7. serve in a old fashioned glass neat

to me this is a great way to drink in public with no one being the wiser and a great drink to wake me up in the morning
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: amaretto latte cocktail

Post by oettinger »

givemesomepills wrote: 5. add your favorite amaretto liqueur
and threre lies the rotten egg in your reciepe.

But I got no complaints otherwise, well written and next time I`ll grab some amaretto and be done with it.
Usually amaretto is very, very sweet, is their a quality fill in?
Drink!

givemesomepils
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: amaretto latte cocktail

Post by givemesomepils »

oettinger wrote:
givemesomepills wrote: 5. add your favorite amaretto liqueur
and threre lies the rotten egg in your reciepe.

But I got no complaints otherwise, well written and next time I`ll grab some amaretto and be done with it.
Usually amaretto is very, very sweet, is their a quality fill in?
amaretto on its own is to sweet i think the coffee and cream help take it down a notch and, maybe the right kind of amaro could substitute it.really i should have put in the recipe that if i want it a little stronger i like to add 1 oz of bourbon for every 2 ounces of amaretto.

and as a tip for everyone get amaretto di amore it's $15 after tax for a 5th and is better than disarono

but if anyone has any ideas how to make this better like by adding bitters or what have you i would like to here it.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." hunter s. thompson god rest his soul