Summer Drinking

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Summer Drinking

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Here are a bunch of links to Summer Cocktails. Make of them what you will:

a) The perfect Summer mixer (or so it is claimed).

b) Australia's five "best" Summer Cocktails.

c) A bunch of Summer Cocktails with fizz.

d) A link to a site with links to lots of other Summer Cocktail Recipies.

Plus links to our very own threads regarding The Outdoors and when to drink there.

Enjoy!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Summer Drinking

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

And here are a bunch more recipes for Summer Cocktails.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

I'd like to throw my hat in for the good ol' Gin Screwdriver. Good amount of icecubes (I do about 5 or so), few shots of gin, then top off with orange juice in a low-baller glass. Sadly I'm out of OJ. Gin on the rocks is fantastic though, too, as Palinka caught me drinking. Splash of water makes it last a little longer. Gin is an amazing summer booze, in my experience. Makes for great flask carry, as well.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

It's gonna be 90 degrees and humid this weekend, and there's road and porch cement work to do which will kick the shit out of me but when I'm done I need relief so I started this yesterday:

1 fifth cheap vodka, transferred into a gallon container
one handful each of cut-up melon, strawberry, blueberry, orange slices, pineapple.
shaken like you would a colicky infant
allowed to settle and infuse, except when you feel the rage and wanna shake some more. Don't know if 2 days is enough.

gonna go half and half with tonic, add ice, and something minty from the herb garden, may need to put in a teaspoon of simple syrup, but gonna try to stay away from that as sugar ain't healthy.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Smatter Noguts wrote:It's gonna be 90 degrees and humid this weekend, and there's road and porch cement work to do which will kick the shit out of me but when I'm done I need relief so I started this yesterday:

1 fifth cheap vodka, transferred into a gallon container
one handful each of cut-up melon, strawberry, blueberry, orange slices, pineapple.
shaken like you would a colicky infant
allowed to settle and infuse, except when you feel the rage and wanna shake some more. Don't know if 2 days is enough.

gonna go half and half with tonic, add ice, and something minty from the herb garden, may need to put in a teaspoon of simple syrup, but gonna try to stay away from that as sugar ain't healthy.
Nice one. After that gallon, say, what do you mix on saturdays?
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Pimms have relaunched the cider cup...
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Drinking a cold beer on a hot day can result in a tummy ache.
On my way to play golf with an innocent-looking plastic gallon water jug filled with equal parts gin and tonic, with limes hidden in the bag. We'll see if it gets us kicked off when the beer bitch rolls by in the beer cart. Yes, I know, some of you are rooting for that out of principle.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Smatter Noguts wrote:Drinking a cold beer on a hot day can result in a tummy ache.
On my way to play golf with an innocent-looking plastic gallon water jug filled with equal parts gin and tonic, with limes hidden in the bag. We'll see if it gets us kicked off when the beer bitch rolls by in the beer cart. Yes, I know, some of you are rooting for that out of principle.
Rooting? I`d pay to see that on live-tv.
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

oettinger wrote:...I`d pay to see that...
I imagine that it would go something a bit like this...
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Went well until we ran out of toddies on the 8th tee and struggled in from there; trying to find your balls in the middle of an open field is more difficult than the non-golfer may imagine. Trying to see them at the end of your putter almost impossible.

Was driven home and hit the sack. Hurt Sunday.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Smatter Noguts wrote:Went well until we ran out of toddies on the 8th tee and struggled in from there; trying to find your balls in the middle of an open field is more difficult than the non-golfer may imagine. Trying to see them at the end of your putter almost impossible.

Was driven home and hit the sack. Hurt Sunday.
You should definitely hit the course with Dear Booze one day. And report in of course
Drink!