Winter Beverages

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Winter Beverages

Post by Martini Time »

Don't know where the wife came across this recipe, but the we whipped up a batch for friends who stopped by the house on their Halloween excursions. For lack of a better name:

Cider and Tequila Hot Toddy

4 cups apple cider (like Martinelli's™)
1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
1/2 cup tequila
1/4 cup Triple Sec or other orange-flavored liqueur
Garnish: lime slices

In a saucepan heat cider and cranberry juice cocktail just until hot (do not let boil) and remove from heat. Stir in tequila and liqueur. Serve toddies in mugs, garnished with lime slices. Makes apprx. 6 cups.

**This drink isn't heavy on the alcohol, so it's good for social situations. It's pretty tasty, and I actually prefer it chilled, over ice. Try it some time.
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"

Thu Jones
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

A nice Christmas cocktail...

Post by Thu Jones »

I didn't invent this drink but I did add a twist. I needed to come up with a cocktail for a Christmas party that was attended by people who aren't professional drunkards. This drink tastes good, looks nice, and is enjoyed by everyone except the pros.

In the small clear plastic cups (over ice) go:

1.5 oz. of vodka
1 oz. of sour apple schnapps.
1 marashino cherry
Top off with 7-up or Sprite.

Not a great drink but it is visually appealing. The only problem is that I did not have a name for it.

Now mind you that I find this sort of drink an abonimation but many folks, (even those that rarely drink) really liked it. Ah, to spread the drunken gospel...