2011 NFL Season

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: 2011 NFL Season

Post by peetie44 »

Resident Asshole wrote:
Oggar wrote:Lions 3-0, Vikings 0-3. So I guess I'll have to ask the resident expert, what is it like to watch your team go winless for an entire season? Just so I can attempt to prepare myself.
My advice is throw a little money on them to go winless. I would be retired if I had done that with the Lions. I actually did look at the line on it before the season started.

My former roomie moved back to Buffalo, so he and I are happy as me in a whiskey bar. The Lions are for real at this point, as are the Bills.
The Bills have a QB from Harvard...that's about as cool a thing as can be.

Btw...this Sunday in Dallas, the Lions' D-tackle, Ndakumong Suh, will be sampling Tony Romo's ribs.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Let's keep some context: only four teams have played an easier schedule than the Lions so far.

Cowboys by 3.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Chimneyfish wrote:Let's keep some context: only four teams have played an easier schedule than the Lions so far.

Cowboys by 3.
Are you a Cowboys fan? They have looked like crap so far.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

I go to school with J Cutler.

I'll miss you, pallie.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Resident Asshole wrote:Are you a Cowboys fan?
Watch your mouth

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:I go to school with J Cutler.

Crybaby #6
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

That Baby On Board sticker is a nice touch.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:Let's keep some context: only four teams have played an easier schedule than the Lions so far.

Cowboys by 3.
Strength-of-schedule is predicated on divisional play (mandatory) and the previous season's records (projection). Maybe the Lions have it easy because they're better -- right now -- than their comp?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

They're better than the Bucs, Chiefs, and Vikings.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:They're better than the Bucs, Chiefs, and Vikings.
Yes...of course...thank you, 20/20 hindsight.

The Vikes are doo-doo, granted; but the Lions must play them twice every season...they're in the same division.

KC won their division last year and Tampa Bay was 10-6. Inter-league scheduling is weighted on those records and not what happens after the current season begins. The Chiefs and Bucs each have one loss, courtesy of the Lions.

However, I also believe Lions +3 on the road is the safe bet.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

I'm not talking about the schedule they play the rest of the year. I'm talking about the teams they've already played, in response to people who are saying they are "looking like the real deal" this year. It's been one of the easiest in the league so far. They might very well be the real deal, but they haven't been tested yet. I'm reserving my judgement until they are.
peetie44 wrote:However, I also believe Lions +3 on the road is the safe bet.
I agree that this is what the spread should be. I figure that they're about equal teams all things considered, so I'm giving Dallas their three point home field edge.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:I'm not talking about the schedule they play the rest of the year. I'm talking about the teams they've already played, in response to people who are saying they are "looking like the real deal" this year. It's been one of the easiest in the league so far. They might very well be the real deal, but they haven't been tested yet. I'm reserving my judgement until they are.
peetie44 wrote:However, I also believe Lions +3 on the road is the safe bet.
I agree that this is what the spread should be. I figure that they're about equal teams all things considered, so I'm giving Dallas their three point home field edge.
Tony Choke-mo comes through again in the clutch, lol. Unlike in seasons past, the Lions never quit...but that was a BRUTAL collapse by the Cowboys.

"Did I do tha-a-a-at...??!?"
Last edited by peetie44 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

A loss to the 49ers????? This Dream Team is more like a Wet Dream -- they stained their sheets at the signing table, and now they have nothing left in the chamber. They should've kept Akers and traded Reid!
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

I'm tired of explaining to my dumb Cowboy fan friends why Romo isn't as bad of a QB as they all act like he is, only to watch him go out and keep having meltdowns. The only time he's looked good late in a game this year was his amazing punctured-lung comeback against the Niners.

Speaking of which- The Dream Team isn't looking so dreamy dropping home games to an NFC West team, but I sure enjoyed it. Although unfortunately I think yesterday was the best Sunday I'm going to get all year. NFL seasons tend to peak early in the Bay. I couldn't be completely satisfied with that win though- it was clear that Ronnie Brown had money on the 49ers.

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

I like how Rob Ryan is all of the sudden this famous/awesome D. coordinator now that he's on the Cowboys. And we have to see his fat hairy mug 20 times a game.

He was the DC for the Browns the last 3 years and no one gave a shit.