2011 NFL Season

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

JohnnyT

Re: 2011 NFL Season

Post by JohnnyT »

I'm certain the wiseguys he's connected with will ask him to not make it so obvious next time.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Another brutal week for a Vikings fan. Don't know that he'll be any better but I'm hoping we'll be seeing Ponder pretty soon, McNabb has hit a receiver in stride about 3 times this season, it is an appalling thing to behold. Without any major shake-ups I have a hard time seeing the Vikes as better than 2-14 right now...

Congrats to the Lions, hope they continue to stay at least even with the Packers.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Oggar wrote:Another brutal week for a Vikings fan. Don't know that he'll be any better but I'm hoping we'll be seeing Ponder pretty soon, McNabb has hit a receiver in stride about 3 times this season, it is an appalling thing to behold. Without any major shake-ups I have a hard time seeing the Vikes as better than 2-14 right now...

Congrats to the Lions, hope they continue to stay at least even with the Packers.
It's almost like McNabb has morphed into the downside-of-his-career-edition of Daunte Culpepper. He still has the skills but he can't get it done.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

peetie44 wrote:
Oggar wrote:Another brutal week for a Vikings fan. Don't know that he'll be any better but I'm hoping we'll be seeing Ponder pretty soon, McNabb has hit a receiver in stride about 3 times this season, it is an appalling thing to behold. Without any major shake-ups I have a hard time seeing the Vikes as better than 2-14 right now...

It's almost like McNabb has morphed into the downside-of-his-career-edition of Daunte Culpepper. He still has the skills but he can't get it done.
Needs more Chunky Soup
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

I'm stealing your chunky soup line.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Chimneyfish wrote:Although unfortunately I think yesterday was the best Sunday I'm going to get all year.
Nope

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

The Vikings finally put up a W. I was hoping the weekend would be capped off by a Packers loss but no such luck.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Lions are 5-0, baby! Bring on those (4-1) Forty-Niners!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Again, made their opponents look terrible after the 1st half.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Mayhems
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mayhems »

Bills are 4-1.

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Yes! Tebowtime!

As David Jacoby so eloquently said, "We all knew eventually Kyle Orton was going to bedshit in the Tim Tebow era".

And I didn't even know bedshit was a verb.

As a Bronco fan, am I excited to see Tebow? No. I am, however, getting more excited about seeing Andrew Luck in orange next year. Timmy CAN lose that game in Miami in two weeks! I BELIEVE!
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

The last four comments in this thread were statements I would not have expected to be reading this year.

The Lions Niners game will be a battle for 3rd place in the NFC, thanks to extent that talent is concentrated in the AFC these days. Detroit's dangerous front against the 49ers' weak spot at o-line makes me kind of nervous. Plus the Niners might want to consider doing something about the fact that there are no wide receivers left on the team. I heard they're kind of important for west coast offenses.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

waahoohah wrote:Yes! Tebowtime!

As David Jacoby so eloquently said, "We all knew eventually Kyle Orton was going to bedshit in the Tim Tebow era".

And I didn't even know bedshit was a verb.

As a Bronco fan, am I excited to see Tebow? No. I am, however, getting more excited about seeing Andrew Luck in orange next year. Timmy CAN lose that game in Miami in two weeks! I BELIEVE!
The QB situation in Denver is the kind of thing that keeps God up nights.

Does He reward His boy Timmy with a few Immaculate Reception victories, thereby removing Denver from the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes, or does He look at the big picture and reward the Broncos as a franchise for giving Tebow a shot, figuring that Timmy's faith will see him through an 0-for the rest of the season?

If it's the latter, then God also has to dump at least two wins apiece on the Dolphins, Rams and Colts and at least one more win each on the Eagles, Cardinals, Jaguars, Panthers and Vikings to insure that the Broncos have the inside track on Luck. And then He has to find a new home for Tim Tebow.

That's a LOT of work...even for God.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Congrats to the 49ers!

When you can't consistently run or consistently defend the run in the NFL you're gonna take some losses.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Wow- Harbaugh admitted in his press conference that the hard handshake was a dickish move and a mistake, but Schwartz really flew off the handle. Not a good look.