World Cup 2010

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

JohnnyT

Re: World Cup 2010

Post by JohnnyT »

i need my vuvuzela!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:HAHA Albania got schooled! I know we'd kick their dirty third-world asses! And England advances so I'm still alive in my soccer pool.
Algeria, bro. And we had ANOTHER goal waved off on a questionable off-sides call. The winner came at @88mins. A tie would have sent us home and advanced Slovenia.

***EDIT***

My mistake...the U.S. winning goal came a few seconds after regulation time had expired and they were into the additional time.
Last edited by peetie44 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

slipperyyoke
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slipperyyoke »

That was a very nerve racking match. I think I went through a pack of smokes watching that one.

I'm hoping for wins from both Ghana and Serbia. I'd definitely be more comfortable with Germany going home instead of having to face them in the next round.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Great day of football today. Nerve-wracking like you say, Sliperry, but good to see England and USA go through - if just to keep the banter going on here!

Haven't seen the USA game re-run yet but the England game was stressful.

With Germany topping their group it's gonna be a tough game in the last 16 for us. Just hope it doesn't go to penalties. Ghana will be tricky too though, especially as the last African team in the tournament and the home fans cheering them on.

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

A much improved performance for England, although I was on the edge of my seat a lot of time...

I think the USA definately deserved to go through - they have had a few dodgy decisions go against them - I'm sure a lot of referees would have given that goal today.

Come on England!
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

And the Italians can join the French in watching the rest of the tourney from home. I love seeing big-name teams like that miss the round of 16. And I think Italy finished last in their group - behind New Zealand! Awesome!
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

JohnnyTequila wrote:i need my vuvuzela!
There's an app for that!

(no, really, there's an app; i have it.)
Be safe everyone.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

This USA-Ghana game is making the High Lifes disappear real fast. Heading in to OT...
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

drunkensooner
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by drunkensooner »

Rip Rufus wrote:This USA-Ghana game is making the High Lifes disappear real fast. Heading in to OT...
that's a good thing right?

The US played hard, and probably should not have made it to the round of 16. I'm proud of the team. Plus, England still has had success in not being successful against the US. Which is fun since it means so much to them.
Getting drunk was good. I decided that I would always like getting drunk. It took away the obvious and maybe if you could get away from the obvious often enough, you wouldn't become obvious yourself - Bukowski

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

peetie44 wrote:Algeria, bro.
Oops I made such a big mistake. I'm sure the styles of burkas they wear are way different.

Anyway, I think the US was a victim of bias in that last game. Am I the only person who noticed that shot of one of the referees:

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

hahahah
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Damn Damn Damn! Oh well, if we couldn't even beat Algeria then what do you expect?

Also, I might just add that in Rugby league they have these things called video referees...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

kowalski wrote:Damn Damn Damn! Oh well, if we couldn't even beat Algeria then what do you expect?

Also, I might just add that in Rugby league they have these things called video referees...
The Germans outplayed the English. Plain and simple. But you did get screwed over a couple times. Lampard's goal being waived off was a joke. The reffing has been awful all tourney long. Argentina's first goal today against Mexico was MILES offsides. Awful.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Rip Rufus wrote: The Germans outplayed the English. Plain and simple. But you did get screwed over a couple times. Lampard's goal being waived off was a joke. The reffing has been awful all tourney long.
Unfortunately, that's right on the money. England were terrible and could have been 3 or 4 down in the first half. You can't help wonder what might have happened if Lampard's goal hadn't been ridiculously ruled out. They wouldn't have had to chase the game and get hit on the break for a start...

But that's all just speculation and, like I say, overall they didn't deserve to go through. They need to introduce goal-line technology (like in the NHL) definitely.

Bring on the start of the Premier League season! Better football and I can get back to hating John Terry and Ashley Cole - the way things should be.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

Brazil-Netherlands should be a good game on Friday. Shame I have to miss it. Work sucks.