Hockey!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Hockey!

Post by peetie44 »

Labatt_50 wrote:
Rip Rufus wrote:The greatest hockey song ever, by the late great Warren Zevon. With additional vocals by Dve Letterman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qs67Ec ... re=related
Buddy, that is my song really, like thats my hockey playing life..... however I must disagree, the greatest hockey song ever is either the hockey night in Canada theme, pre CBC gay ass fuck up or stompin tom's "the hockey song".
Stompin' Tom Conners RULES!

"Bud the Spud, from the bright red mud,
He's goin' down the highway smilin',
The spuds're big, in the back of Bud's rig,
And there from Prince Edward Island"
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

The WHL and other regional young player leagues....any good to go and watch? Vancouver Giants play very near me and could probably stagger down there for a few games if it's worth bothering?

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

tomodon wrote:The WHL and other regional young player leagues....any good to go and watch? Vancouver Giants play very near me and could probably stagger down there for a few games if it's worth bothering?
I'm not familiar with the WHL, but I worked for a time in the ECHL (East Coast Hockey League). If it's anything like that, the games should be a lot of fun, and not nearly as expensive as NHL games. Obviously, the skill level isn't the same, but the intensity is there, the hitting and fighting should be there. The minor leagues are full of guys doing everything they can to get the call up to the NHL and start making big money. Check it out if you get a chance.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Rip Rufus wrote:
tomodon wrote:The WHL and other regional young player leagues....any good to go and watch? Vancouver Giants play very near me and could probably stagger down there for a few games if it's worth bothering?
I'm not familiar with the WHL, but I worked for a time in the ECHL (East Coast Hockey League). If it's anything like that, the games should be a lot of fun, and not nearly as expensive as NHL games. Obviously, the skill level isn't the same, but the intensity is there, the hitting and fighting should be there. The minor leagues are full of guys doing everything they can to get the call up to the NHL and start making big money. Check it out if you get a chance.
Freaks at a fuckin sideshow!
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

coqui_chris wrote:Freaks at a fuckin sideshow!
Is that a compliment or an insult?
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Rip Rufus wrote:
Neither. Its a quote from Slapshot!
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

The WHL is great, it's cheaper than a NHL game and you mostly get a better crowd. The Canadian Hockey League (WHL, OHL, QMJHL) supplies something like half of the NHL's players. I follow the London Knights who have had Pat Kane, Brendan Shanahan, Corey Perry, Sam Gagner, Rick Nash, Chris Kelly and a bunch of other players go on to the NHL

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

coqui_chris wrote:
Rip Rufus wrote:
Neither. Its a quote from Slapshot!
I can't belive that I didn't get that quote - that's one of my favorite movies (naturally).

"You go to the box, two minutes by yourself, and you feel shame. Then you get free."

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Labatt_50 wrote:
The WHL is great, it's cheaper than a NHL game and you mostly get a better crowd. The Canadian Hockey League (WHL, OHL, QMJHL) supplies something like half of the NHL's players. I follow the London Knights who have had Pat Kane, Brendan Shanahan, Corey Perry, Sam Gagner, Rick Nash, Chris Kelly and a bunch of other players go on to the NHL
Right, definitely going to see the Giants then.

Canucks vs. Maple Leafs tomorrow which should be good. Stocked up on Kokanee for the event. They had a competition here to be the one to crush a Maple Leaf car for some reason. The rivalry must be quite big.

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

tomodon wrote:
Right, definitely going to see the Giants then.

Canucks vs. Maple Leafs tomorrow which should be good. Stocked up on Kokanee for the event. They had a competition here to be the one to crush a Maple Leaf car for some reason. The rivalry must be quite big.
No, everybody just hates the leafs..and rightly so.

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

Triple header on CBC tonight Tomodon, gotta make it to the beer store and get stocked up.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

Labatt_50 wrote:Triple header on CBC tonight Tomodon, gotta make it to the beer store and get stocked up.
What games? Down here, I only get the Fkyers games. I don't think Vs. is carrying any other games.

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

Rip Rufus wrote: What games? Down here, I only get the Fkyers games. I don't think Vs. is carrying any other games.
Rangers and Sens was just just on, next is the Leafs and Blackhawks, then after that Flames and Wings.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

Missed most of the games today because had the work Christmas party - in fuckin' November!

The 'nucks won this morning though so that's good. Heard Luongo might be out for a few weeks which is pretty bad. Vancouver's doing quite well at the moment, would be cool if they got to the play-offs.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rip Rufus »

6 wins in a row for the Flyers. Just took care of the Hurricanes 3-1. Simon Gagne is playing great hockey, 2 goals and an assist in the win tonight.