Go Redwings, win the Cup back!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Go Redwings, win the Cup back!

Post by coqui_chris »

Gotta take one in Chi-town. May as well be tonight ...
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Look, the more-skilled hockey team one. Fact.

The Flyers made it to the Finals on grit, determination, and heart. Sometimes that shit is more important than talent.
Other times, you get whirliebirded into the runner-up position.

But I don't think anybody's ever going to forget these playoffs 'round here.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

An amazing run to the Finals. And I agree with C-C, as usual. The better team won. I was there last night, and even though the wrong team won, it was incredible to see the Stanley Cup being raised.

The small silver lining is that I now know somebody whose name will be on the Cup. Mike Haviland, the Blackhawks Assistant Coach, was the head coach of the Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies when they won the ECHL championship (the Kelly Cup). I was a ticket salesmen, and knew the coach from meeting and being in the office. So I have that going for me, which is nice.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

Philly did great, but I was happy to see a former London Knight, Pat Kane, who I spent a couple of years cheering for win the cup. Sadly Brian Campbell gives Strathroy yet another cup winner. Now Toronto is the only O6 team not to win a cup post expansion