Euro 2012

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Euro 2012

Post by kowalski »

Ok, so seeing as bboozer mentioned the Euros in another topic, I thought I'd throw in my prediction:

Spain to win against Netherlands in the final.

Much as I want England to do well, I think they will finish runners up in group D and then lose to Spain in the quarter final. And Roy Hodgeson will be hugely criticised by the tabloids regardless of how England perform...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Euro 2012

Post by The Limey »

Going on every tournament in living memory England will play shit in every game, looking like no one actually wants to win or even be there. There will be one talented but inexperienced player who tries his hardest to win and will get some plaudits from the commentary, but unfortunately his fire will be forever extinguished by the experience and will never again rise up above the overpaid dim-witted mentality that is the England dressing room. The manager will refuse to make changes and stubbornly stick to his game plan even when it's obviously not working and everyone at home, in the stadium, and on the TV is calling for his head, and openly calling him a "cunt" and telling him to "fuck off forever".

I'd put money on it.

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

kowalski wrote:
BBoozer wrote:Russia will win the euro's. Just sayin'. You won't like it, but it's the hard truth.
Yep, Russia are a bit of a wild card, but I can't see them winning it...
Bringing this to the right thread. They all but demolished Czech republic. The Netherlands, well I'm sorry but I kind of expected that loss to Denmark, so now they'll have to beat Germany and Portugal, well, good luck. Spain of course have a great team, but they only got away with a draw against Italy, and it could have been worse. No, I stick to my Russia predection. Or Germany. Now that I come to think of it, all these euro matches are linked to old and real battles fought.

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

Come on, Deutschland.

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

BBoozer wrote:
kowalski wrote:
BBoozer wrote:Russia will win the euro's. Just sayin'. You won't like it, but it's the hard truth.
Yep, Russia are a bit of a wild card, but I can't see them winning it...
Bringing this to the right thread. They all but demolished Czech republic. The Netherlands, well I'm sorry but I kind of expected that loss to Denmark, so now they'll have to beat Germany and Portugal, well, good luck. Spain of course have a great team, but they only got away with a draw against Italy, and it could have been worse. No, I stick to my Russia predection. Or Germany. Now that I come to think of it, all these euro matches are linked to old and real battles fought.
Heh, I'm starting to revise my original opinion on The Netherlands. I think England were fortunate to draw this evening, but probably the hardest group game is out of the way.

Jollyroger1210
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Halfway between Yuengling and the Whiskey Rebellion

Post by Jollyroger1210 »

Poland, Y U NO BEAT GREECE?

Step it up, dammit.
"I only drink on days that start with a T; Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow."

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

Tonight, at 20:45 CET, beer will be cold and at hand in my living room, and me and my wife will be watching 11 dutch guys trying to beat the germans in a dead or alive game. If the dutch don't win, the Netherlands will be in mourning, if they do win, they'll be the self-proclaimed next euro champs, allthough they'd still have to beat the portuguese. I will support the dutch to give the german team a proper beating, but I doubt it will happen.

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Well, it's a good job I didn't put any money on Russia! Looking forward to the games tonight, I think I'm going to go for Netherlands to beat Portugal, and Germany to beat Denmark...

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

I don't know too much about soccer and the "art" of playing it (usual critique from soccer nuts being "if you understood the game, it would be exciting to you").

However, liking hockey and being a Flyers fan, I could relate to the fact that the Irish were spending too much time letting the other teams play pass-around in their own zone and then making boneheaded screens on their own goal keep.

I'm still gonna check out today's game just because a "pointless" victory against the Eye-ties will give me lots of ammo for razzing my meatball friends.

And I appreciate the bold gesture the team is making to remember the tragic massacre that occurred last time Ireland vs. Italy occurred.

"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

I don't know what all this is but this picture is pretty funny so I guess I am rooting for England now

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Ahem...

Huzzah.

That is all.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Awesome! This calls for a few more beers I think :-)

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Ok, so I am working my way through a very nice bottle of 2005 Carta Roja. In store for the game tonight I have a bunch of Red Stripe and some Bacardi and ginger beer (and some limes) plus whatever my friends turn up with.

Whether we beat Italy or not, I will get drunk...

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

kowalski wrote: Whether we beat Italy or not, I will get drunk...
Sounds like a plan!

Warming up with a few Grolsch now. Then gonna brave the pub to be the only one in there cheering on England. 2-1 to England in extra-time.

Mayhems
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mayhems »

Italy!