Kentucky Derby 2023

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bur, ThirstyDrunk, Hardcore Stig

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Kentucky Derby 2023

Post by Patchez »

It's the most wonderful time of the year for gamblers! The Triple Crown starts this Saturday with the 149th running of the Kentucky Derby. The run for the roses. Four Roses. Mint Juleps. Big payouts. Big losses. The greatest 3 minutes in sports. Bacchus help me I do love it so,

Forte is the horse to beat this year. He is a full triple crown contender. 5 straight wins in his last 5 outings. He's run a total of 7 races and placed first in all but 1. I saw this horse run as a 2 year old in the Breeders Cup Juvenile as a 2 year old. He was impressive. As a three year old he may be unstoppable. All of this is why I won't be betting on him. He's at 3 to 1 now. By post time he'll be luck to get even odds. So unless you throw down a chunk of change you won't make dick.

I'm looking at Tappit Trice or Angel of Empire to spoil it for Forte. I'm also looking at Rocket Can as a long shot Show bet as well as Kingsbarn.

Anyway you slice it though when you put in the Trifectas and Exactas Forte has to be there or it's a dead ticket.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Kentucky Derby 2023

Post by Nausea »

How much are you wagering this year?

I'd like to watch but I'll be working outside in the GAT DAM SUN all weekend long.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Kentucky Derby 2023

Post by Patchez »

Another horseplayer at work and I have four trifecta box bets for just over 70 bucks. Plus whatever longshot bets I throw out just for gits and shiggles.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice