The Stand: Uncut and Longer Than Ever

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Lush City, Mr. Viking, Savage

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

The Stand: Uncut and Longer Than Ever

Post by Badfellow »

All 1137 whatever pages in 3 days. Fuck, it just keeps going on and on like a Catholic wedding. Granted , it's a hardcover and it was free, but I'm tempted to let it fly like a phoenix off the high bridge in flames.

I do like the last line though, which is a bit of a koen, and goes a long way in explaining that Dark Tower bullshit...

"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long,
And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."

So, you mean like Margaritaville, then?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The Stand: Uncut and Longer Than Ever

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I read the original published length version of The Stand. I enjoyed it. I think for the time that it was pretty innovative. I bet that at that time, the idea of a end of the world event genetically engineered superbug was new. The Crichton novel was already out, The Andromeda Strain, but wasn't that from space? Never read or saw. The White Plague by Frank Herbert was a few years later. That was an interesting one.
Anyway... I think that King wrote himself into a corner in the Stand and had to end it the way he ended it so he could end it.

I still laugh at the "m-o-o-n that spells..." meme.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"