Biscuits are good with Mustard

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Biscuits are good with Mustard

Post by NYDingbat »

Biscuit in the 'hood in NY (and possibly elsewhere) years ago meant a gun. I'm thinkin' neither gravy nor jam would work with that. (Yes, we have jam here. Delicious.)

That said, food wise, if I may pile on, biscuits are fairly dense, bready squares of deliciousness that I personally consume bathed in butter and gravy. Not the sausage gravy my esteemed board members have hailed. Not being a sausage fan, I prefer a regular brown gravy to dip my bit of tasty carbs in. Works for fries as well - gimme gravy over ketchup any day.

Now I need cheese fries and gravy. And biscuits.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

You can fry anything (cfr Homer simpson) and put mustard on it. Everything is good with mustard.

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

The Limey wrote:
John Barleycorn wrote:Also, we have jam (aka preserves here). Jelly is something else. As the joke says, the difference between jam and jelly is that i can't jelly my cock up your mom's ass. But the true difference is that jam and preserves use the actual fruit material while jellies are made with the juice instead of the fruit.
So it's the same as it is here. Funny, as many Brits imitate the American "peanut butter and jelly sandwich" by putting jam in it.
Ok, i been researching. So when you guys make a PB&J you use jelly or jam. So what is the standard practice?

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

The Limey wrote:
The Limey wrote:
John Barleycorn wrote:Also, we have jam (aka preserves here). Jelly is something else. As the joke says, the difference between jam and jelly is that i can't jelly my cock up your mom's ass. But the true difference is that jam and preserves use the actual fruit material while jellies are made with the juice instead of the fruit.
So it's the same as it is here. Funny, as many Brits imitate the American "peanut butter and jelly sandwich" by putting jam in it.
Ok, i been researching. So when you guys make a PB&J you use jelly or jam. So what is the standard practice?
There is no standard practice. We live in the land of the free. j/k. Mr. Barleycorn is right about jam vs. jelly, and I've always made my pbj's with jam(but it's kind of like crunchy vs. smooth peanut butter, whatever you like) This is the second time PBJ sandwiches have come up in the last couple of weeks...
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Biscuits?

Judge, what are you doing with that lawn mower blade?
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

The Limey wrote:
The Limey wrote:
Jelly or jam; smooth or crunchy PB; whole wheat or white bread...pretty much dealer's choice.

For myself...if it's on whole wheat, I like a PB&J with a slice of good, sharp cheddar on it as well. That may sound a bit off to most of you, but the flavors/textures really blend well, IMHO -- especially with crunchy PB. Btw...it doesn't seem to work quite as well in a white-bread version.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyBZE0kBtE

BTW, holy crap, I will have been on here 5 years tomorrow!

Judge

Post by Judge »

NYDingbat wrote:Biscuit in the 'hood in NY (and possibly elsewhere) years ago meant a gun. I'm thinkin' neither gravy nor jam would work with that. (Yes, we have jam here. Delicious.)

That said, food wise, if I may pile on, biscuits are fairly dense, bready squares of deliciousness that I personally consume bathed in butter and gravy. Not the sausage gravy my esteemed board members have hailed. Not being a sausage fan, I prefer a regular brown gravy to dip my bit of tasty carbs in. Works for fries as well - gimme gravy over ketchup any day.

Now I need cheese fries and gravy. And biscuits.
Never thought I'd hear that from you.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

You ham to go with them and some ham gravy for or maple syrup and butter peanut butter for them