How are we gonna know?

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

How are we gonna know?

Post by steved2112 »

How are we gonna know if this Bourbon is Ok to cook with if I don't drink most of it?
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Re: How are we gonna know?

Post by Screwball »

DO WHAT I DO.

Drink the bourbon and order a pizza.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

steved2112 wrote:How are we gonna know if this Bourbon is Ok to cook with if I don't drink most of it?

Sir, your commitment to quality control is admirable. Whatever ya do, don't ship your bourbon to Savage for further testing. She tends to demand "extended testing periods", I'm told.

Besides, if ya drink most of it your tastebuds'll be shot and you could cook damned near anything and it would be delectable. So pernt moot. Bottoms up!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

See, what you do, is start cooking, with a water glass of bourbon by your side. Just common sense, son.
like tears in rain

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Except for deserts, I think, bourbon has too strong a flavour to cook with; drin it.
"America's Test Kitchen" had a small article recently about cooking with american whiaskeys. They concluded that they best to cook with was none other than TJD. Go figure. I guess that, like in wine, what makes something inferior to quaff, can make it better to cook with.
Whatevs.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

FNZ wrote:Except for deserts, I think, bourbon has too strong a flavour to cook with; drin it.
"America's Test Kitchen" had a small article recently about cooking with american whiaskeys. They concluded that they best to cook with was none other than TJD. Go figure. I guess that, like in wine, what makes something inferior to quaff, can make it better to cook with.
Whatevs.
Well the heat burns off the alcohol. So I guess in TJD with its lower proof, you maintain more of the liquid longer since most of it is filler
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Savage wrote:See, what you do, is start cooking, with a water glass of bourbon by your side. Just common sense, son.
See? I learn shit from this board almost every day.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Wanderlife
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Wanderlife »

steved2112 wrote:How are we gonna know if this Bourbon is Ok to cook with if I don't drink most of it?
Quite.

Wanderlife
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Wanderlife »

good point

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

FNZ wrote:Except for deserts, I think, bourbon has too strong a flavour to cook with; drin it.
Bourbon is really good when grilling chickin, especially when you smoke it. I make a killer BBQ sause with bourbon.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Savage wrote:See, what you do, is start cooking, with a water glass of bourbon by your side. Just common sense, son.
See? I learn shit from this board almost every day.
We only hope "board" wasn't a typo.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be