crock pot pulled pork

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: crock pot pulled pork

Post by scream ale »

This is the recipe I use for crock pot pulled pork. Too lazy to type it out.

Somethings I do a little differently are I sometimes use 3 cloves of garlic, I just use regular ketchup. I almost never have soda pop of any kind. I use Genesee but Pabst would probably work here as well. I've never drank it but I believe Hamm's is a similar type of beer, a cheap lager-pilsner. Also some times I just use all of one of those small cans of tomato paste.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: crock pot pulled pork

Post by Patchez »

Always and I mean always double or triple the cloves of garlic. Always. A.L.W.A.Y.S.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

slow roasted pulled pork

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I tried my hand for the first time at slow roasted carnitas (Mexican style pulled pork) yesterday. I'm not even the biggest pork fan in the world but have to say It came out magnificent- and it was so easy! Dusted that pork butt (shoulder) with spices and tossed it in a dutch oven, braised it (because I don't have a slow cooker) in a broth with onions, garlic, jalapeños, and a juiced orange for several hours. Then after it was cooked, strained, and shredded, put the pork on a sheet tray and crisped it up in the oven. We had it with soft corn tortillas, onions, and salsa verde. Twas perfect for a lazy, rainy, drinking day as there was no hands-on cooking to be done and hardly any mess to clean up. It is now on our regular repertoire of regular dinner rotations.

Today since we have plenty of leftovers, I am making carnitas breakfast burritos with black beans and huevos rancheros. It's the ultimate hangover breakfast to help oettinger absorb all the vodka he consumed yesterday in the course of many hours before falling down drunk and breaking the toilet lid in half.
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: slow roasted pulled pork

Post by Lush City »

Yes, we're rocking now with carnitas tacos with many options for dressing. I can just think of the beer chasers. Paradise in a pan!
Last edited by Artful Drunktective on Mon May 04, 2020 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed subject line to match new thread merge
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.