"What are you eating - Thread"

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: "What are you eating - Thread"

Post by oettinger »

Dont forget to peel it before.
Freedom fries
Had noodles with butter yesterday
More money to spend on the holy booze
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:Those veins look wrong.

Got it: here stilton is almost always packaged in taller wedges so the grain is only seen from the side. Still freaking me out though. Suppose being vacuum packed it can hardly affect the taste. Looks wrong tough. Did you at least get some rind on it?
Perfectly good Stilton, and the rind is there.

Imported cheese is most often cut from great big wheels by the store staff, and they cut it how they please. What you're seeing is a random wedge cut from a wheel, and the label covers most of it. Out of the plastic wrap, it looks much like the the pic on wiki.

The cheese is delicious.

Huntsman really is my favorite English cheese, but every once and a while I go for one of the component parts on its own - Stilton or Double Gloucester. For a change of pace.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Might be new or something, I dunno. Goes with wine, and tastes better than thread.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I am having a t-bone steak for the first time, with mashed potato, and a tomato, cabbage, garlic and pastis sauce
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Wow nice booznik, red or white to go?
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:I am having a t-bone steak for the first time, with mashed potato, and a tomato, cabbage, garlic and pastis sauce
For the first time? Enjoy it! Those accompaniments sound ideal.

T-bones and ribeyes are something to try at least once (UK names of the cuts can vary from here, it seems).

Filets mignon lack flavor unless wrapped in bacon. And they cost way too much.

Personally, I like a good top-quality sirloin. Not too pricey, and just the ticket when cooked to a perfect medium-rare.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:Wow nice booznik, red or white to go?
Red wine and white vodak. With ale on the side.

And the room's spinning. Waiter, would you stop the restaurant please, I'd like to step off this ride.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Tablets and booze again, it ain't just for breakfast.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

This stuff is good. Seriously good. Great big peppercorns for massive black pepper flavor, garlic, and a rich pork flavor. Combined with Vermont cheddar and a strong red wine, taste buds are exploding.

Wild boar salami.

Delay the Porkapocalypse, horsemen. Let me finish my Rapture. You can get started on those vegans over there.

bevuto
Tippler
Tippler

Post by bevuto »

Lots of deep fried stuff. Fried chicken, fried onion rings, French fries and a coleslaw(not fried, I think).

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I had a tuna sandwich, while Grumpy had his requested leftover Sloppy Joe sandwich. There is only so much ground meat that I can take.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote:I had a tuna sandwich, while Grumpy had his requested leftover Sloppy Joe sandwich. There is only so much ground meat that I can take.
Had to google sloppy joe sandwich. The pictures look like ahem well some diar... in a bun
Ok enough of this, it`s the eating thread still. Potato in the skin today for me tonight. Cheap, easy to cook while drunk and with a curd cheese/sour cream/garlic dressing it goes down quite well
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Yes, rather diar...., however my secret blend of 11 secret herbs and spices makes it a meat that's hard to beat.
like tears in rain

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Savage wrote:Yes, rather diar...., however my secret blend of 11 secret herbs and spices makes it a meat that's hard to beat.
I don't think I've had a Sloppy Joe since elementary school. Oh, the horrors of school cafeterias. Then again, I doubt they used more than 3 spices (assuming salt is a spice), let alone 11, so I'll reserve judgement. Then there's the silliness of the bun taco, which sounds rude and isn't actually very good either.

The texture and flavor of a pulled pork or beef sandwich is so much nicer, and it doesn't look like diar*, although it still sounds rude, because when it comes to sandwich names, that's how we Americans roll.

(Get it? Roll. I kill me.) They're easier to eat on rolls than they are on buns.

Why does that still sound rude?

*If you have diar that looks like pulled pork, please consult a health professional.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

baked potato.

with fried bacon, green onions and beans
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best