What is your favorite cheap, disgusting food?

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: What is your favorite cheap, disgusting food?

Post by Rye and Coke »

chicken and cheese steak with french fries. They're open till 2 in the morning and the local shop knows me by name, "HELLO RYAN!!!" They're a dark liquor folk, no vodka or tequila, all bourbon or rye. I love those guys. They've helped undrunk me up more than a few dozen times. If I could put them in my will I would...
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I had one of mine tonight. (cooking for a crowd tomorrow, I don't have time for real dinner)
Frozen breaded fish fillet patty, on bread, with a slice of velveeta. I make my own tartar sauce; I am not a savage. Well, I am, but a
Savage with taste. Cheap champagne to go with.
like tears in rain

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

brandonman wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:37 pm
My dad and I have a family tradition of taking bunny or wonder bread, slathering it with grape jelly, and then putting two slices of deer sausage on one half of it, and folding it over and eating it as a sandwich. It's fucking phenomenal, but people always say it sounds disgusting.

Best paired with a Stag Beer (a southern IL classic)
It may sound off putting but I'd probably give it a try if I was wasted and you handed me one. Those gift boxes that comes with assorted cheese, salamis, summer sausages etc. usually come with fancy jellies and mustards. I love the summer sausage and preserves combination on a cracker. Throw a slice of gouda or edam on there too...can't beat it.

My affection for Swiss Colony is getting a tad out of hand...

Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ That looks amazing.

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Spinach pancake/crepe thingies that are easy to come by in any grocery store around 1 min in micro wave for those bad boýs. Topped off with tuna from can some black pepper. Milk and vodka to wash those down.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I like it although it's not my favorite albeit totally cheap and disgusting is BBQ flavored Vienna sausages straight from the can. I would like to try the Hot & Spicy. Mmmm.
Okole maluna!

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I guess that kebabs would normally be classed as "post-drunk" foods, but I went to a restaurant recently and duly ordered one with my stein. Come to think of it, I might've been in another city. Or country.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Shane-O-Matic wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:48 pm
I guess that kebabs would normally be classed as "post-drunk" foods, but I went to a restaurant recently and duly ordered one with my stein. Come to think of it, I might've been in another city. Or country.
In ca 2003 I`ve been to turkey, the origin of german kebab. It was nothing alike, it was crap.
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:09 am
I like it although it's not my favorite albeit totally cheap and disgusting is BBQ flavored Vienna sausages straight from the can. I would like to try the Hot & Spicy. Mmmm.
Oh dear god. Those nasty little poodle dicks? Grumpy and the teeny tiny Marine eat those. (well, SHE probably doesn't anymore, but himself does, on occasion). Many, many years ago, when he first asked me to buy those, I didn't even know what they were. When I opened the can and that smell hit my nostrils, I nearly fainted.

there is more than one kind of virginity in a new marriage.
like tears in rain

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

Ramen noodles. But they're not disgusting.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Savage wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:40 am
Oh dear god. Those nasty little poodle dicks? Grumpy and the teeny tiny Marine eat those. (well, SHE probably doesn't anymore, but himself does, on occasion). Many, many years ago, when he first asked me to buy those, I didn't even know what they were. When I opened the can and that smell hit my nostrils, I nearly fainted.

The whole product has really gone down as of late.
I mean, there used to be proper aspic (meat jello) in the tiny can, but now it's simply salty beverage/water/polypropylene glycol to sip and dip each little whiner. Probably extruded pink slime from whatever, straight from 'China.

And yet, continue to but them for 1 buck apiece as emergency drunk food. Wwrning, the can can fuck up fingers/tongue/teeth.

BBQ sauce might do something aftetr all.

steved2112 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:13 pm

That's like, nostalgia for collage. COllege. Or, broke ass Injun on a deim A dime for a pack, and thrree for a rack of Nasty Ice, back inrw in the day.

Lots of red squiggles. Fuck it. I'm flying my airplane nwo now

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

mistah willies wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:06 pm
Savage wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:40 am

The whole product has really gone down as of late.
I mean, there used to be proper aspic (meat jello) in the tiny can, but now it's simply salty beverage/water/polypropylene glycol to sip and dip each little whiner. Probably extruded pink slime from whatever, straight from 'China.

And yet, continue to but them for 1 buck apiece as emergency drunk food. Wwrning, the can can fuck up fingers/tongue/teeth.

BBQ sauce might do something aftetr all.

steved2112 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:13 pm

That's like, nostalgia for collage. COllege. Or, broke ass Injun on a deim A dime for a pack, and thrree for a rack of Nasty Ice, back inrw in the day.

Lots of red squiggles. Fuck it. I'm flying my airplane nwo now
When I was young and very poor, and very hungry, I rode my bike to the vegetable market and bought beans and onions and carrots. I stole a few squirts of my roommate's catsup and mustard and some of her salt and pepper and that's what I ate. I really missed milk. I can't imagine eating those "poodle dicks." In fact, when I was young, I had never heard of such a "food."
Finally, my friend Mike gave me some McD's coupons because I was so thin and pathetic--but they are horrid too. The saddest thing was, when I had a date, I was too young to drink, and I looked even younger than I was, so I didn't even have booze. But at least I got food.
like tears in rain

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Poodle dick. I like that term! If you really want disgusting then try yourself some pickled pig knuckles. I was at a bar with a friend once and there was a jar of pickled pig knuckles behind the bar that had only one pig knuckle left in it. It was floating round in greenish slime that reminded me of stale urine, so I challenged my buddy to eat it and told him I'd give him $5 if he did. He ate it. Some people will do anything for money.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I used to love deviled ham sandwiches as a kid. Tried it once as an adult and all I could think of was wet cat food that's geared toward people.

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

A lot of the above. I mean there is not alot i would refuse to eat in a drunken state. L
Last time was Brats that were like 3 months out of date. From the fridge. Never frozen.

Once was a bowl full of wifes chicken Satay. uncooked
Found that out in the morning
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

I'm all for a scorched Earth policy. -- Me