Random food stuffs

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Random food stuffs

Post by Patchez »

Pumpkin pie is a must for Turkey Day. Damn the sides choice. I need stuffing and mashed taters. I need them mixed together as well. My family had that every year. A box of stuffing mixed 50/50 with a box of instant mashed.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes.

We usually have all of the mentioned with regard to those sides. #DOINITRIGHT
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Patchez wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:23 pm
Pumpkin pie is a must for Turkey Day. Damn the sides choice. I need stuffing and mashed taters. I need them mixed together as well. My family had that every year. A box of stuffing mixed 50/50 with a box of instant mashed.
Yes I MUST have both also. But taters won this year in the "pick one" because when oldsmartskunk came to visit with his lady friend, we had the whole Thanksgiving shindig and the stuffing (twas gunna be homemade Stove Top style) was the one thing I nixed at the last minute (well and the bread) due to all the other stuff we had. And I wasn't sure if those Lithuanian folks were even down for stuffing but we knew they'd devour the taters n' gravy.

Shockingly they liked the "cran in a can" - (not oett of course, he refused to eat it) which BTW I had to order that can from Amazon because it doesn't exist here. No such thing as pumpkin pie in a can here either! (And I hear using real pumpkin is nowhere even close to the same). Man, the Germans just do not want us 'murricans to be thankful up in here!
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Random food stuffs- "pies"

Also in lieu of "pies" this time of year...any of you drunkards had any of these and which ones were your faves? I remember later on when I was a bit older they came out with chocolate and vanilla that are not featured.

I always went for the cherry one early on when there were slim pickings. Funny thing was, I didn't like cherries, just the gel inside. But I'd say blueberry is the best of the lot. Never had blackberry but it looks pretty delicious, all things considered.

And was there ever a right time for these? Did anyone ever say, "Man I am craving one of those shitty Hostess fruit pies." Was it one of those things where you just stumble into the store and there they were and you compulsively just grabbed one type of thing? All stories and memories are welcome.

Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ I only ever had cherry and apple. Never knew those others existed. Had I known about blueberry I'd probably pick that one.

I never do the whole turkey dinner thing for Thanksgiving. I've made turkey chili, turkey meatloaf sometimes, but never the whole bird. This year no turkey at all. I'm making a pot of sauce with hot Italian sausage and meatballs. Apple pie and bread will be showing up later in the day. Some black label Bushmills will be involved as well.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

^ ^ ^I always had turkey because I used to have access to a free one every year. I think the other reason aside from tradition is that I liked it because it was the only day of the year I had turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce and I enjoy all these components together. But yeah changing it up is good too. It sounds like you have a lovely day in store. Cheers!

I'm actually a bigger fan of a whole slow roasted chicken for the holiday season. Even better, individual Cornish game hens because I love having my own bird. Especially for Christmas. YUUUMMY.

(Links or recipes included for copyright purposes)
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

scream ale wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:22 am
^^^ I only ever had cherry and apple. Never knew those others existed. Had I known about blueberry I'd probably pick that one.
Yeah I think that it's because the cherry and apple was all they had in the beginnings until much later, hence why I chose cherry of all things - not my fave. I think I tried a blueberry much much later. I remember my brother getting the chocolate pudding pie which came way later than all the rest. It sounds delicious but it looked rather heinous in my opinion with globs of chocolate oozing out. Blecch. It even has a page on Facebook dedicated to it, calling it the "bastard cousin" of the fruit pies, haha!

Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I only know something like McDonalds applebag or cherrybag. Of those (they all look to sweet) I`d make the safe pick and go with apple.

And those chocolate diarreah diapers look not enticing at all
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

My granny used to make chocolate pies once in a while. Even as a candy devouring child it tasted gross to me.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

The King of All Pies is the Shoo-fly Pie. Pennsylvania Dutch baking perfection.

Shoofly Pie Recipe

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Patchez wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:17 pm
The King of All Pies is the Shoo-fly Pie. Pennsylvania Dutch baking perfection.

Shoofly Pie Recipe
I'll take some of dat - STAT!
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Random food stuffs-Quarantine

Annoying "pick one" of the week! "Quarantine Style", beings how the world is under lock-down for the most part.

Kinda confused by the question. oett thinks that you have to eat crap every day like Chef Boyardee but when you do get to indulge, you get to choose ONE of these things so let's go with that.

Surprisingly, I would go with pizza as I think that would be the most fulfilling and it seems to be our recent pattern as of late. And they deliver.

But in normal life it would be far from pizza.

Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Chicken and waffles so I can still have the Chicken and Waffles Benedict from Lyndon Diner. The poached eggs are still chicken technically.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Fish and chips. Really anything but the first option would be fine but it's been a while since I've had fish and chips.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`d say option D. You loose weight with having no carbs in your food while sitting in your homeoffice all day. You look like Arnold when this fuss is finally over
Drink!