Meatballs

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Meatballs

Post by Stendhal »

A rule of thumb, 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs per pound of meat. If you are low carb/keto/Atkins then I would recommend one cup of either almond flour or pork rind panko per pound of meat.

3 pounds ground chuck/decent quality 80/20 ground beef
Strongly recommended but optional ingredientsA, leftover gravy/drippings from a beef/pork roast. If you don't have it add at least a half cup of beef stock
At least a tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
Salt to taste
Freshly Ground black pepper
At least an oz of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1.5 cups panko breadcrumbs. If low carb is desired then 1.5 cups almond flour and 1.5 cups pork rind panko. If that is not an option, then use the ratio mentioned above, 1 cup of either almond flour/pork rind panko per pound of meat.
Liberal dash of Worcestershire sauce, at bare minimum three heavy shakes
A dash of yellow mustard, at least a two-second pour.

1. Put either the breadcrumbs or pork rind/almond flour mixture into a very large bowl.
2. Dump the leftover gravy or beef stock on top.
3. Add all the wet ingredients, I am drunk as hell while writing this so follow the broad strokes. In an ideal world dump the gravy on top of the mix, if not then the beef stock.
4. Add all other wet ingredients, the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning to the LARGE mixing bowl and mix.
5. Let the slurry sit for a half hour
6. Add the meat
7. Mix the meat and slurry until it all blends together and store in fridge, preferably for at least 3 hours beforehand.
8. Form all of the meatball mix into golf ball-sized portions.
9. Cook the meatballs in an air fryer for 6-7 minutes in an air fryer at 400 degrees or deep fry in a fat of your choice, I would recommend bacon fat, lard, or olive oil until browned.
10. If you choose the frying route, then fry until browned on all sides and then simmer for 15 minutes or so in the sauce.
11.. Add the meatballs to my spaghetti sauce recipe and enjoy.

I was drunk when writing this, feel free to ask questions when I wake up.
Everything in moderation, including moderation

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Meatballs

Post by Stendhal »

Added ingredients, 1/4 cup of heavy cream

Add the heavy cream after step 3, as part of step 4.

Or don't it doesn't matter really, the cream gives it a bit more richness. Better if you add it, trust me.

Anyway, time for me to pass out.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I believe Bill Murray would approve of this recipe. The almond flour is an ingenious touch.

If you can get good quality ground veal, I’d recommend about 30% by weight mixed in with the ground beef. Maybe some diced white onion, garlic and freshly chopped parsley.

Or if you’re Oettinger, put beans in it.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

No egg huh. I like the parm idea. Germans don`t use Worchechstererrr sauce enough also I guess
Drink!

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:47 am
No egg huh. I like the parm idea. Germans don`t use Worchechstererrr sauce enough also I guess
No, lol. Add 3 eggs to the mix. Was completely hammered when writing the recipe

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:15 am
I believe Bill Murray would approve of this recipe. The almond flour is an ingenious touch.

If you can get good quality ground veal, I’d recommend about 30% by weight mixed in with the ground beef. Maybe some diced white onion, garlic and freshly chopped parsley.

Or if you’re Oettinger, put beans in it.
Definitely agree with the chopped parsley and garlic. If you use fresh onions, I would recommend sauteeing them until soft. Will have to try using veal or ground pork in the mix sometime.