Chili

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Chili

Post by Stendhal »

Ingredients
Chili
1 3lb Beef Chuck Roast
2 poblano peppers
1 Jalapeno pepper
1 onion
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon fresh garlic
3 cups beef stock
Salt
Pepper
1 tablespoon or so of Chili Powder
1 tablespoon or so of Cumin
1 lemon

1. Dice the chuck roast into 1 inch or so cubes, taking care to remove excess fat and connective tissue. Season generously with salt and pepper, then brown on high/medium.
2. While the meat is browning, finely chop or food process the peppers and onions. Mince the garlic
3. Push the meat to the side of the pot, then add the tomato paste and garlic, and caramelize for around 30 seconds or so.
4. Add the peppers and onions to the pot.
5. Add the beef stock.
6. Add the salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin to the pot to taste and stir everything together until well combined.
7. Simmer covered on medium low for 2 to 3 hours, until the meat is fork tender.
8. Scim excess fat
9. Taste for seasoning
10. Add the juice of one small lemon to the finished chili, it brightens the flavor of the dish.
Everything in moderation, including moderation

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Chili

Post by oettinger »

No beans. I like different ideas
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

This sounds like a vintage, Texican chili recipe. All about the beef and chili peppers. I’d scoop this up with a spoon and a buttered tortilla anytime.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

My Texas Red recipe is very similar... No tomato paste and I dredge the cubed beef is masa flower before browning. I use a Dutch oven for this. After browning the meat... I deglaze the bottom with a bit of beer before adding any of the other ingredients.
<insert something profound here>