Michelob Ultra -Nectar of the Gods

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluto, Smatter Noguts, Patchez

Da Raider
Booze Head
Booze Head

Michelob Ultra -Nectar of the Gods

Post by Da Raider »

Okay, that's bullshit of course, but since I have willingly decided to be on the Atkins diet, the thought of drinking that piss has crossed my mind...once.

I humbly ask my fellow boozehounds to share their vast knowledge of good rums and vodkas so that i may continue on my quest of alchol induced happiness.

I thank you in anticipation of your assistance.
When they land we blow up the roof, they spend a month sifting through rubble, and by the time they work out what went wrong, we'll be sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Seems like most liquors would have the same amount of calories if ingested straight. At least the standards: gin,vodka, whiskey,rum might have more because it's cane sugar, but they're all just sugars anyway.

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

Frankennietzsche wrote:Seems like most liquors would have the same amount of calories if ingested straight. At least the standards: gin,vodka, whiskey,rum might have more because it's cane sugar, but they're all just sugars anyway.
That may be true, but the flavours differ dramatically. In my humble opinion, the best vodkas are, in no specific order, Black death, stoli, stoli raspberry, smirnoff black, smirnoff blue and eriskoff pepper :wink:
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

VodkaHero
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by VodkaHero »

ewww I can't stand smirnoff :x

I only drink 2 kinds, Finlandia or Stoli.
Happiness is a pint of guinness and a shot of jack.

AndrewS
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by AndrewS »

ewwwwww....

I am on the atkins diet as well. Michelob Ultra is piss. Really, it's horrible.

Remember: Bourbon, Rum, Tequila, Scotch, etc. (see atkins.com carb chart) all have 0! carbs. Substitute diet cola for regular cola mixers, keep sugars out, etc...

Here's some of what I have been drinking on it

Bourbon/Whiskey: Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve (AAA++++ stuff that woodford). That I don't mix with anything, they are all top shelf, and again 0 carbs.

Scotch: Whatever, don't mix, 0 carbs

Vodka: The best to me is Grey Goose - followed by belvedere (sp?), but see http://www.vodkaphiles.com/review1.cfm.

I can't take rum or tequila solo - I just don't like them enough unless I am plastered to where taste doesn't matter, which is often enough - but still, I mix em. Here are those and some other low carb mixers I have
been pounding:
Cuba Libre - substitute diet coke and you're good to go!
7 and 7 - diet 7up!
Vodka Martini
Plus others, but you get the idea - substitute out the high carb stuff.
Here are some more recipes that are great, BUT PAY NO ATTENTION TO THEIR NUTRITION CHART!!!
http://www.bartenderscompanion.com/recipes/recipes.htm
They are waaaaaay off on their carb values shown. Go to atkins.com and figure out the basics using their carb counter.

On a side note, I spoke to some friends who work at a place near me called halftime - a beer store that has 1000+ different beers. They told me their are microbrews that are very low carbs as well, and they would get some brands for me. When I find out, I'll post for ya!

Later
-Andrew

AndrewS
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by AndrewS »

Oh yeah - remember, calories don't matter at all on atkins. Just carbs. You'll still lose tons of weight if you stick to the carb limits - keep the carbs to nil and no added sugar!
Here is their alcohol / food chart:

http://atkins.com/img/assets/609/atkins ... ounter.pdf
-Andrew

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Bourbon/Whiskey: Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve (AAA++++ stuff that woodford). That I don't mix with anything, they are all top shelf, and again 0 carbs.
Now that's a diet I think I could stick with, but I have to have a little (okay, alot) of Jameson to ease the pains of such a strict diet.

I have to admit when I read the title of this topic I almost pissed myself. What a poor excuse for a beer. Michelob Ultra is a simple recipe: 9 parts water and 1 part michelob.
"God favors drunks and the cataclysmically stoned."
Stephen King

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

But they have grreat marketing for that swill. I can't believe how many poeple I see drinking it in bars. I would bet that in the last couple months I've seen more people in bars drinking that than anything else.

AndrewS
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by AndrewS »

yeah, it's really popular now. I tried it once - its like drinking urine flavored water - really, it makes coors taste good! I suppose if I was really desperate I would drink it; but there would have to be nothing hard around or any wine.

Oh yeah, one last thing.... buy psyillium husks, metamucil, something with no carbs. Seriously. People on the diet try to downplay it, but I know enough people who are on it who have had the same problem - chances are while you are in the induction phase you are going to be constipated as all fuck.

Seriously.
-Andrew

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

SeeNoEvil wrote:
Now that's a diet I think I could stick with, but I have to have a little (okay, alot) of Jameson to ease the pains of such a strict diet.

I have to admit when I read the title of this topic I almost pissed myself. What a poor excuse for a beer. Michelob Ultra is a simple recipe: 9 parts water and 1 part michelob.
HA HA HA - You've had Michelob Ultra!!!! Weenie!!!!
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

Barry Aquarius
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Barry Aquarius »

Miller Lite has less carbs than Mich. Ultra, and doesnt try to pass itself off as a premium beer

Quick question... how does rum manage to have no carbs? Isnt it primarily made from sugar?
"If my life lasted only one day, I'd still be drunk by noon"

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

HA HA HA - You've had Michelob Ultra!!!! Weenie!!!!
Yeah, I tried it once. Since then I've been on a crusade to help my fellow man avoid the same mistake......just kidding. I did buy a sixer when it first came out because I like michelob and even michelob lite of a occasion so I thought how bad could it be. I had to add vodka to it just to get an alcohol taste.
Last edited by SeeNoEvil on Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"God favors drunks and the cataclysmically stoned."
Stephen King

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

no you're not. continue your quest
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.