Long gines.

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluto, Smatter Noguts, Patchez

hoverdog
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Long gines.

Post by hoverdog »

Earlier today I was drinking with my brother, and he attempted, against my advicee, to order a vodka martini at a bar where that kind of shit just doesn't fly. Well, I was right, as not only didn't the bartender know how to make one, after being told how he said "we have no vermouth, only campari". Long story short, we drank several vodka+camparis with ice, and christened it the "long gines" after my brother's long period of no weekend leave from his military service.
The last thing that anyone should ever do is feel ashamed of blacking out. You were trying to get drunk last night and, goddamnit, mission accomplished.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

glad to hear you and your brother were aboe to find something to drink and enjoy yourselves.
I have to ask, though, what kind of bar has Campari but no vermouth? camparis is rarely used in most modern bars. At the ver leat, the vermouth should be on hand for basic martini. What gives?
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

hoverdog
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by hoverdog »

It was a faux Irish bar. Guinness on tap was the extent of the "Irish". I'm guessing 90% of the people who go there order only beer or cider, though that's not really any excuse, I agree.

As for Campari, the only bitter they had, maybe it's a regional thing. I've seen it being drank more often than anything with vermouth in all my bar goings.
The last thing that anyone should ever do is feel ashamed of blacking out. You were trying to get drunk last night and, goddamnit, mission accomplished.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Epor wrote:It was a faux Irish bar. Guinness on tap was the extent of the "Irish". I'm guessing 90% of the people who go there order only beer or cider, though that's not really any excuse, I agree.

As for Campari, the only bitter they had, maybe it's a regional thing. I've seen it being drank more often than anything with vermouth in all my bar goings.
Really? Well, if nothing else i guess it's good that people are expanding their horizons a bit.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595