What.....The.....Fuck!?

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluto, Smatter Noguts, Patchez

Mglaffas
Booze Head
Booze Head

What.....The.....Fuck!?

Post by Mglaffas »

Okay, so I'm on holiday in Croatia.

I'm hanging out at the local bar on the campsite, warming up before hitting the town. I'm about to order my second beer and a side of Slivovic - before I get the chance to order, this woman cuts me off and orders something in croatian - The bartender takes a glass, and starts pouring Coca Cola into it - now that all seems perfectly normal - but then he stops half-way, and moves over to their stash of local cheap-ass red wine, and fills the rest of the glass! He gives the woman the glass, and she walks away. Apparentley, it's a very popular drink in the balkans, especially among women over 40 - But dear lord, how could that vile concoction ever taste good? I thought about ordering one just for the hell of it, but decided not to. Damn, people drink weird stuff.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: What.....The.....Fuck!?

Post by Mr. Viking »

my dad did that when I first came to glasgow at about 10 years old. accidentally topped up mine and my brother's glasses of coke with red wine. I thought it was lovely, my brother thought it was terrible, so dad had his
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Swede
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Swede »

"What.....The.....Fuck!?"

I say; what the topic says. Probably works if you don't want to get drunk. So...

Jollyroger1210
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Halfway between Yuengling and the Whiskey Rebellion

Post by Jollyroger1210 »

If you want to get drunk, why not just drink wine? They make Boones for a reason, you know.
"I only drink on days that start with a T; Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow."

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

I'd try it. That said, I don't support Wine or Cocaine.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

I heard of that drink in Slovenia

Judge

Post by Judge »

I get these AAA magazines and other travel crap brochures via the airlines and not ONCE did any of them ever suggest taking a "holiday in Croatia". If I'd known you could camp and get an Atlanta Hammer (redwine and coca-cola) I'd have signed up. Once I figured how to get my pop-up trailer there that is.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Mglaffas
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Mglaffas »

Judge wrote:I get these AAA magazines and other travel crap brochures via the airlines and not ONCE did any of them ever suggest taking a "holiday in Croatia". If I'd known you could camp and get an Atlanta Hammer (redwine and coca-cola) I'd have signed up. Once I figured how to get my pop-up trailer there that is.

Croatia is a GREAT place to spend your holidays! Of course it ain't as cheap as it used to be, since the tourism has boomed like crazy these past 10 years, but it's still very afordable and it's a beautiful country - oh, and reasonable booze prices as well, of course!

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

Mglaffas wrote:
Judge wrote:I get these AAA magazines and other travel crap brochures via the airlines and not ONCE did any of them ever suggest taking a "holiday in Croatia". If I'd known you could camp and get an Atlanta Hammer (redwine and coca-cola) I'd have signed up. Once I figured how to get my pop-up trailer there that is.

Croatia is a GREAT place to spend your holidays! Of course it ain't as cheap as it used to be, since the tourism has boomed like crazy these past 10 years, but it's still very afordable and it's a beautiful country - oh, and reasonable booze prices as well, of course!
It's a very cheap place to party. I was in there to.Nothing like a paid free vacation just had to forgive the warfare
I was in Kosovo and stop by on the way back for liberty on float.And again after Afghanistan to Slovenia and Croatia for some
liberty before when home to the state

PFrank

Post by PFrank »

Mglaffas wrote:The bartender takes a glass, and starts pouring Coca Cola into it - now that all seems perfectly normal - but then he stops half-way, and moves over to their stash of local cheap-ass red wine, and fills the rest of the glass!
Yikes. That sounds like a truly nasty concoction.