Favorite cheap Scotch?

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Favorite cheap Scotch?

Post by peetie44 »

captain gonzo wrote:JW make decent whiskey compared to alot of other companies.
cap,

I don't mind it...it IS smooth...it just tastes watered down to me.

Now if you're buying, well, sir...
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Its not the best, its trades kick for that smoothness yeah, good if you wanna drink alot of it.

I'd buy, but im broke and dont have ANY whiskey at all for the first time in around 6 years.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

captain gonzo wrote:Its not the best, its trades kick for that smoothness yeah, good if you wanna drink alot of it.

I'd buy, but im broke and dont have ANY whiskey at all for the first time in around 6 years.
For cheap (which is relative with scotch) I like Famous Grouse.

It's not TOO expensive in Belgium (@ 17 euros for 700ml) but you can get a handle (1.75 liters) in the States for @ $30.

I believe you're in England? What does the Grouse go for there?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

Grouse is around £10-14 for 700ml.

It falls in with bells, teachers and grants. Its better than all those though but i still seem to avoid it compared to JW and chivas....simply because paying the extra £5 for those is a better option to me.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

captain gonzo wrote:Grouse is around £10-14 for 700ml.

It falls in with bells, teachers and grants. Its better than all those though but i still seem to avoid it compared to JW and chivas....simply because paying the extra £5 for those is a better option to me.
I just tried Hogshead blended scotch for the first time, at a gig last night in Maaseik, Belgium.

Don't know the price(?), but it's the best blended scotch I've ever tasted.