Taaka Vodka

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

grippingthewheel
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Taaka Vodka

Post by grippingthewheel »

*note: I am not a vodka head, but it's summer and Bourbon doesn't match up with the citrus or bubbly or fruit quench thing.

I picked up a fifth of Taaka Platinum Vodka for $9.95, because hell it's summer and the McCormick and Schmernoff needed a mid-price contender. Granted the shiny, dark blue triangular bottle caught my eye (nice work marketing peoples), but what truly attracted me was the fine print that it's bottled in Frankfort, KY. I like Bourbon. Bourbon comes Kentucky. Why not give their Vodka a shot?

It states "seven times distilled vodka" on the label. 80 proof. Maybe they have a giant filtering Kangeroo in Frankfort. It's been a while since I've been to the Bluegrass State, for all I know it could be a local attraction with rides and baloons with free Skoal and local ganja handed out at the gate.

This stuff is so smooth debutantes could drink it neat. For those who enjoy a brisk mouth feel or a fragrance to their clear rocket fuel, this is not the booze for you. Nevertheless, this is a fabulous mixer vodka which one might slip into a picnic party punch and your Aunt Ethel will do the Lindy with very little prompting. At the very least one could swap out the empty Grey Goose bottle with this subtle hooch and impress the supermodel living just across the hall. Oh, good screwdrivers too.
"Please welcomce in all his diluted glory the man whose story writes itself not unlike mine who feveriously types awaiting his next sip before the whipping, anticiapation is making me want to strangle someone." ~whiskyprick

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

I don't know about swapping it with Grey Goose, but it is pretty good considering the price.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

cloud8
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by cloud8 »

Taaka Vodka, Taaka Gin. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Best of the bottom shelf, the least hangover for the buck.
"Never apologise for being in the Bourbon aisle."
--Smatter Noguts