Cabo Wabo tequila?

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Diabetic Daredevil wrote:
Bluto wrote:I've had the Reposado and enjoyed it greatly. In fact, I'd say it's my favorite tequila.
Same here. The reposada was very tasty. It tastes like tequila, just not shitty tequila "Two Finger" style.
Well, you said it better than I would have. It does taste like tequila. A tequila you might not mind drinking the entire bottle. As opposed to some tequilas that make you want to piss in yoiur own mouth to get rid of the taste.
Is it smooth? Yes. But it still has that discernable tequila bite and that's what I'm looking for.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Dr. Dotto S. Blotto
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Dr. Dotto S. Blotto »

I'd try it just for the spirit of adventure and trying something new.

That being said, now I have a mean taste for tequila. I shall be drinking my friend Cuervo Traditional out of my new glass from the San Diego Zoo.

PANDA SHOT!

Judge

Post by Judge »

I have a very personal experience with this brand. The one and only time I went to Cabo was the occasion of the worst rain storm in 20 years. They don't have storm drains there and I sudder to think what I was walking through in brown mid calf deep water.

I started the day off drinking beer and what not. We got to Cabo Wabo (a tourist destination if nothing else). Had to wade through a lake in front of the door (it's in a depression patio just down the steps from the street) and went into the bar.

This is the first bar I've been to that American families seem to feel OK bringing their 9 and 13 year old daughters into and serve them beer and let them dress like hookers and dance on the catwalks.

Anyway the wife mentions I'm not my jovial self even though I'd been drinking for about 4 hours. I called the house boy and told him I want the "best tequila in the house!" He brought us nice long mexican shots of the Cabo Wabo Anejo. That's the brown bottle (everyone likes the blue because of it's color). It was like Tommy Chong on the drums at the end of "Up in Smoke."

That got my motor started, my attitude changed, my heart started pumping again. I bought a bottle to bring home even though you can get it here.

I think it's a great product. I don't know who produces it for private lableing but I don't care.

It's a very good tequila. I highly recommend it.

Of course you can buy it here and save money by not going to the club in Cabo. It's a typical Girls Gone Wild thing.

Ok, so you'll go.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Oggar wrote:I'm not a fan of Tequila that doesn't taste like Tequila. Durango, Jose I just don't get the "it's sooo smooth, it doesn't even taste like tequila as a selling point." If you don't like tequila why would you dump $60 on it when you could have just gotten Vodka. It boggles my mind.
Although I wouldn't consider myself a tequila expert I've had quite a few from El Toro to Milago Tequila Romance ($130 or so a bottle).

Cabo Wabo Blanco is very tasty, quite smooth and still tastes like Tequila.

If someone can't tell that even the smoothest of tequilas is tequila then they shouldn't be drinking good liquor. Blue Agave is WAY different than any other flavor.

Anyway, I wouldn't spend the money on Cabo Wabo, I'd buy Milagro which is just as good and way less expensive (the base Milagro, not the Romance).
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

The problem I have with many of the top shelf and super premium liquors is that at a point most of them go for smoothness over character. The NY Times Gin article posted earlier makes the same point about the premium Gins. I tend to like my boozes in what I refer to as the C's. The average, the midline of that booze, that rounds out and defines the catagory. There is one alcohol where the premiums don't really shy away from character, Whiskey. Though I tend to avoid ryes because they tend toward the smooth. It all comes down to personal preference I guess. But no matter who's buying or where I'll take the Jose Gold over Patron anyday of the week.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

ps. it doesn't really matter if it's going down in stuntman form either...
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

MEAT!
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by MEAT! »

I did try the reposado this past weekend. Didn't buy a whole bottle but a couple of mini-bottles. while I agree it's definitely smoother than most tequilas, it's still going to be something for me that will be held out for special occasions. I honestly don't see paying that much for a bottle of liquor to pour it into a margarita. It looks like a straight shooter to me. I'll save the Cuervo for the margaritas. I defenitely am not going to fix what's not broken.
“Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.” -W.C.Fields

Naked Grandpa
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Naked Grandpa »

Oggar wrote:But no matter who's buying or where I'll take the Jose Gold over Patron anyday of the week.
Gag.

I'll take my agave without ridiculous amounts of caramel coloring or corn syrup everyday.

White Dog
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by White Dog »

Hagar sold his 80% share of the label...for 80 million!! Sweet jeebus I need to start a platinum band, then parlait it into the booze business.
Ting-a-ling! -Kilgore Trout-

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

Naked Grandpa wrote:
Oggar wrote:But no matter who's buying or where I'll take the Jose Gold over Patron anyday of the week.
Gag.

I'll take my agave without ridiculous amounts of caramel coloring or corn syrup everyday.
The Jose Cuervo tastes like it should go into a margarita. My drink of cherce. I may get some tomorrow.
Mayhem is everywhere.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

I have a bottle of Cabo in the freezer right now.. I don't like tequila at all, patron chilled if I really really have to.. But Cabo chilled is damn smooth..

In White Plains, NY, if you go to the Lazy Boy Saloon, you can order a Dead Peruvian which is a chilled shot of Cabo with a tomato juice/tobasco kicker.. Damn good shit..

I'm with Judge on this one- I recommend the Cabo..
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

One of my "membership" bars sent me a message last week that they have finally got Cabo in stock and are offering 1/2 price shots.... the shots still cost $10 each.... it's still not worth the effort IMO.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

Patron Platinum is amazing. Smoove. You get so wasted off it. Its more like injecting booze because you can't taste it.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »