Bushmills 1608

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

Capt. Pantless
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Bushmills 1608

Post by Capt. Pantless »

For those of you unaware, Bushmills is celebrating their 400th anniversary in 2008; and have such released a special bottle. I have not yet had it, but hopefully by this coming Tuesday I will have a bottle in my hands. Personally, I've been waiting for this since the first time I drank Bushmills 4 years ago. From what I have heard however, it is smooth as hell and somewhere around 92 proof; although I have not yet seen confirmation of this. If possible, get your mitts on a bottle. After all, how long to 400th anniversaries come around?

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

Bushmills quickly became my favorite Irish whiskey this past fall, knocking the long revered Jameson off of its lofty pedestal. I found this store in my hometown that had nips for a dollar a piece. 15 nips = 750 ML. IE: 15 bucks for a fifth of Bushmills. I drank so many of those fucking nips that I actually got sick of Bushmills for a while. I can now drink it again, thank god. Oh, and looking forward to the 400th anniversary bottle!
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

BigErn314
Tippler
Tippler

Re: Bushmills 1608

Post by BigErn314 »

Me and my circle of close drunks drink a lot of Bushmills so this would go over well with us, its our whiskey of choice...well I prefer a decent scotch but its a close second. I'll have to check for this at the liquor store.

Thanks for the tip!

Uncle Gary
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Uncle Gary »

Clash of the Titans: Bushmills 1608 vs 12yr old Jamesons. I can see I need to do a side by side comparison. In the name of science.
No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full. -- Sulla's Epitaph

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

Uncle Gary wrote:Clash of the Titans: Bushmills 1608 vs 12yr old Jamesons. I can see I need to do a side by side comparison. In the name of science.

Yes, and in the name of science, the results should be obtained in duplicate. I pledge to conduct my research in parallel with Uncle Gary.

First task, must track down the Bushmills 1608, for I know where 12 year-old Jameson can be had.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

I saw this bottle at the State Store the other day, and I asked myself: What would McNulty think? ("Bushmills?! That's Protestant whiskey!")

I might buy a bottle of it, anyway
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Connemera
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Connemera »

OMG! I just read about the new bottle in the Robb Report. I can NOT wait to get my hands on this! I have already converted many souls to the Bushmills and we are all very excited! For those of you who wish to do a comparison with Jameson 12yo... I have some I received as a gift and I'd be more than happy to get rid of it for such a worthy cause! BUSHMILLS ROCKS!
"Never miss a good chance to shut up."-- Will Rogers

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” -- Catherine Aird

Uncle Gary
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Uncle Gary »

Connemera wrote:OMG! I just read about the new bottle in the Robb Report. I can NOT wait to get my hands on this! I have already converted many souls to the Bushmills and we are all very excited! For those of you who wish to do a comparison with Jameson 12yo... I have some I received as a gift and I'd be more than happy to get rid of it for such a worthy cause! BUSHMILLS ROCKS!
GET RID OF IT!?!?!?!?! You mean savor it like a ... well, like the fine whiskey it is. Right?
No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full. -- Sulla's Epitaph

Connemera
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Connemera »

Uncle Gary wrote:
Connemera wrote:OMG! I just read about the new bottle in the Robb Report. I can NOT wait to get my hands on this! I have already converted many souls to the Bushmills and we are all very excited! For those of you who wish to do a comparison with Jameson 12yo... I have some I received as a gift and I'd be more than happy to get rid of it for such a worthy cause! BUSHMILLS ROCKS!
GET RID OF IT!?!?!?!?! You mean savor it like a ... well, like the fine whiskey it is. Right?

No... I mean get rid of it. Jameson is not my favorite and I received a very nice bottle of it for my bday last year. It's just sitting around collecting dust.

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” -- Catherine Aird

Uncle Gary
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Uncle Gary »

I'd be happy to give an address to send it to...

Connemera
Tippler
Tippler

Post by Connemera »

I'll bring it to the MDM Convention if it really happens!