Stolichnaya

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

the green fairy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Stolichnaya

Post by the green fairy »

is a good vodka.
most bartenders at my bar know that i want any vodka drink i order with stoli, rather than iceberg, and they're the same price.
I'd totally forgotten about it for a while, even though it was what i drank all the time in university, but then a friend pulled it out a year ago and passed it around one night. I had second thoughts about shooting vodka, as it really is just like rubbing alcohol, but did it anyways. I was surprised by how smooth it tasted and have completely switched over.
Those russians know what they're doing
sometimes I think it's a shame, when I get feelin' better when I'm feelin' no pain - Gordon Lightfoot

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Stolichnaya

Post by Cowboy Joe »

I've got nothing wrong with Stoli, but frankly I find Ketel 1 a better drink for a better price. Lately I've drinking Luksusowa potato vod, and I sort of like it.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Stolichnaya

Post by Badfellow »

I can back your opinion on this. Stoli has done a lot of heavy lifting for me over the years: Stoli and Stoli 100 in cocktails, and more chilled shots thn I can count or remember of Stoli Gold.

However, if you enjoy Stoli, I have to suggest that you also track down the Russian vodka Moskovskaya. It looks a lot like Stoli (with a green SPI label instead of red), and tastes a lot like it too, but at about 1/3-1/2 the price. A handle can usually be had for under $20.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ