Vodka recomendations

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

PhotoKirk
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: Vodka recomendations

Post by PhotoKirk »

FNZ wrote:The Polish potato vodkas are grand, I just can't spell their names.
Ho-lee shit.

I was friends with a Polish exchange student in high school. He had a bottle of authentic Polish potato vodka in an unlabeled bottle.

It was pure evil in liquid form. Kinda harsh taste, then it hit like a sledgehammer.

I've been looking for another bottle ever since.

audition
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by audition »

Personally, my favourites are Ketel One and Stolichnaya (both good, pure vodkas with a nice hit). If I have any advice for you though, it would be to avoid a drink called Vodkat like the plague. It will fool you into thinking it's strong until you get halfway through the bottle and realise that it's only 22%, and that what you've been drinking is nothing more than fusel oil and water.
Candy
Is dandy
But liquor
Is quicker.
-Nash

calx
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by calx »

Russian Vodkas: Obviously from Russia, their flavour tends to be quite strong and the most popular in the Motherland is Russian Standard.
that's my favorite right now. i've only just starting seeing the stuff here in arizona a few months ago and it's really good stuff.
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Innovating the human race to extinction.™

Long live David Icke!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

drunken parrot wrote:grey goose...it is smooth as a baby's ass, but it is pointless to buy anything more expensive than 1.75 liters of nickolai 100 red label for mixed drinks. Vodka always tastes the same with a mixer
That's always been my thought on vodka. In a martini -- with a reasonable amount of vermouth -- I can't really distinguish enough between bottom-shelf and top-shelf to warrant top-shelf $$. In a proper mixed drink (Bloody Marys, Screwdrivers) I can't taste any difference at all.

As for shots of vodka, the good ($$) stuff is almost tasteless to me, so what's the point? I'll drink a shot of Stoli to be sociable.

I guess I should make it a point and try one of the Polish versions, since it seems like everyone comments on the strong taste.

What might be a good, flavorful "shot" vodka for a whisky drinker to enjoy?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

comeflywithme
Souse
Souse

Post by comeflywithme »

For a unique drink, try Blavod (short for Black Vodka). It's distilled in England and an herb is added to make it BLACK in color. Seems weird but tastes good. The way to drink is over ice, with a floater of cranberry juice on top. GREAT for Halloween......

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by captain gonzo »

finlandia aint bad.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!