Teacher's....drunk booze review

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Teacher's....drunk booze review

Post by Cowboy Joe »

I'm not quite sure of my history here, but from what I understand Teacher's is an old brand of Scotch, popular in the UK, but not always readily available on American shelves. But holy fucking shit is this stuff good. My area, it's priced about the same as Cutty, and a little more than Ballantines, but I love this. Usually, with scotch I just slug down blends or wax poetic over Laphroiag. This shit is just flat good--it's called 'highland cream' and you can taste why. Lots of sweet flavors, some butterscotch and vanilla--definitely aged in bourbon casks, but a little bit of peat in there too--not too fruity like some speyside whisky.

This was Hem's favorite Scotch, according to rumor. Drink it, and rejoice!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Teacher's....drunk booze review

Post by peetie44 »

C-Joe,

Teachers, indeed! As the Brits say, "Good value for money".

Famous Grouse is the finest blended -- and the most drank -- Scotch in Scotland. The only "blend" with no water or distilled spirits (Everclear) added.

For a good taste/$ ratio, I go with J & B...Just & Because.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

captain gonzo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Teacher's....drunk booze review

Post by captain gonzo »

Ah teachers, the first thing to ever make me blackout properly at the tender age of 15. 1/2 a bottle straight back after about 4 pedigree in the pub.

Teachers is pretty good, better than bells, not as good as grouse tho. Whyte and mackay is preferred by me as a cheapo blend.
Drunk? I'm not drunk! You wouldn't dare accuse me of that if I was s0ber!