Blantons Special Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

mediakill
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Blantons Special Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon

Post by mediakill »

Just bought me a bottle here in poland; think i overpaid here. Has a nice glass ball shape that fits in the palm of my hand smoothly Looks classy with label that is hand written.the link provides more info than wikipedia does. Has anyone tried it? Not a big bourbon fan but for the bar I think its a nice addition. Trying to stay away from well known brands and diversify a bit

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Blantons Special Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon

Post by peetie44 »

mediakill wrote:Image

Just bought me a bottle here in poland; think i overpaid here. Has a nice glass ball shape that fits in the palm of my hand smoothly Looks classy with label that is hand written.the link provides more info than wikipedia does. Has anyone tried it? Not a big bourbon fan but for the bar I think its a nice addition. Trying to stay away from well known brands and diversify a bit
mediakill,

What currency are you on in Poland? Could you give us an idea, in $USD or EUROS, what bourbon (and other liquor prices) are like in Poland?

CHEERS!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

mediakill
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by mediakill »

i paid 150z the dollar is fallen in value but its 100z= 30 plus 50z is like 10-15 not sure try a online convertor, something like 60 something dollars, i'm probably off a bit

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Blanton's is indeed a fine bourbon. I have not had the Special Reserve, though. Like that link said, it was the original single barrel bourbon. I think that their products are a bit overpriced, though.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

mediakill
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by mediakill »

As far as prices go for scotch I believe its in the range of about the same to more costly since its imported; since there are no polish scotch brands. A bottle of beam black is like 80-85zloty; about the same as states. They have the usual stuff you'd find pretty much everywhere, beam,tjd,tullamore,etc. Haven't seen makers; saw wild turkey in a store didn't check the price( pretty sure it was pricey).
So not really worth buying liquor here unless you wanna buy some thing novel or some particular thing you like vodka or miod/ krupnik (honey liquors)sliwowitz; maybe absinthe or lubeski gin(is this in the states?).Finishing up med school here until i return so not sure what polish brands are in the states. Most of the stuff here including polish vodkas i'm sure for the most part you can find there for the most part get in the states zubrowka,luks,etc }=)
Was actually checking out the prices of the Belvedere and other premium vodkas and were like 100-120z about the same price you'd find elsewhere and they are made here. thought the price might actually be lower but sadly not the case =(. Mute point since i'm surrounded by so many good choices.
Samples of prices
large bottle of zubrowka like 40-50z some like $15-20? normal
tequilas are usually crappy choices with most stores limited to like 3-4 choices
usually about 60-80z saw one for like 35z($12-15)
Polish Apsinthion Absinthe like 55-65z
Olmeca Gold Tequila was like 80z
In any case scotch, tequila,etc those are pricey alcohols here. Tried to turn people here onto tequila but not much luck; its a vodka loving country.My friend who visted the states couldn't get enough cheap tequila. LOL polish rappers down the stuff to impress and looks silly; they also are the ones in the club that tries to get others to pay for his drinks Jay-Z bling they are not. Rum selection here is also pretty poor limited to mainly crap like bacardi; was surprised to to see captain morgan (yes its that pathetic). No sailor jerry ;) I do not suggest buying scotch when here; but giving it here as a gift is nice. TJD's is still overpriced if not more so its like 80-85z; but will impress here as a gift. Didn't verify but i heard Bols vodka for some strange f'd up twist of fate I heard from my polish friend impresses some( kinda like belvedere,etc ) over much better polish brands Wyborowa,etc here 8/ huh? I guess anything thats not polish.
Being polish I can honestly say polish people are both proud of their heritage but also take their pride to extremes to hide insecurities. Example: Will always remind you you that MAdame Curie was polish and only decided to change her name and marry a french guy. Also have had teachers who HAVE to mention whenever a polish person discovered something example:
In human anatomy, the Artery of Adamkiewicz is the largest anterior segmental medullary artery. Also known as great anterior segmental medullary artery and about 6 other names.
If you REALLY wanna impress and i mean REALLY theres always Starka 40 years vodka its aged Starka is a traditional dry vodka distilled from rye grain, produced mostly in Poland and Lithuania. Traditional Starka is made from natural (up to 2 distillations, no rectification) rye spirit and aged in oak barrels with small addition of lime-tree flowers and apple-tree leaves. The process of production is similar to that used in whisky. Sold in various varieties, the most notable difference between them is the length of aging period, varying from 5 to over 50 years. And the natural colour which is taken from the long reaction between alcohol and the oak not from the addings.This of course is only a mere 2000 zloty like over 1000 bucks again don't quote me on the cost. Comes in a nice crystal decanter with crystal glasses and yes i wanna gloss like jay-z 8/ maybe even david hasselhoff

If you have any more que
stions feel free to ask; can verify the prices and convert them if you want. God i can really rant on can't I? =)

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

mediakill,

What's a good, medium-range Polish vodka (I have very little experience with these) that I could likely find in Belgium?

It would be used for Bloody Mary's, screwdrivers and other mixed drinks, as I'm not a straight-vodka drinker.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be