Koloa Rum (short review)

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Koloa Rum (short review)

Post by Badfellow »

A couple of friends recently got back from a second honeymoon in Hawaii. In addition to bringing back the best Macadamia nuts I've ever tasted, they were also kind enough to tote with two bottles of Koloa Rum. We summarily hauled both bottles up north to our annual Canadian Border Cabin Trip/Wild Blueberry Harvest Extravaganza where we made killer Mai Tai with the light rum, and drank the dark rum lakeside and neat in the finest nautical tradition.

All I can say for the flavor, it is distinctly Hawaiian. That is to say, it doesn't taste Caribbean or Central American, but rather tastes of its own distinct geography (or as the French call it terroir). Owe it to the plantation produced sugar cane growing in tropic, volcanic-soiled nirvana. I believe that either Beachcomber Don or Trader Vic would have been pleased to add Koloa to their cocktail arsenal.

Availability: unknown, although no doubt available on-line.

Badfellow STFU&D Index Rating: 9.1 (dark) 8.9 (white)

Expensive: yes

Worth it: yes

Drink it: absolutely
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Koloa Rum (short review)

Post by DeeboCools »

I'm really interested to taste the regional difference. Never heard of rum from hawaii. I think I'll wait for the dollar to plummet so I can buy it cheaper with some Euros or Rupees.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James