Icehouse Edge

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Icehouse Edge

Post by Frankennietzsche »

8% ABV and cheap.

I have only seen this beer in 24 oz cans, sold singly at one Circle K. It is close to $2 a can or 2 for $3.50. It tastes strong, both in regular Icehouse flavor and in regards to alcohol. It tastes better, to me, than Natty Ice or Old E.

Selling points: it's potent, cheap and not too bad.

Bad points: it doesn't taste great, or even good. It tastes like you are trying to get fucked up for cheap. Also, I have to drive ten minutes out of my way on the way home to find it.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Icehouse Edge

Post by oettinger »

Albrecht Janky wrote:8% ABV and cheap.

I have only seen this beer in 24 oz cans, sold singly at one Circle K. It is close to $2 a can or 2 for $3.50. It tastes strong, both in regular Icehouse flavor and in regards to alcohol. It tastes better, to me, than Natty Ice or Old E.

Selling points: it's potent, cheap and not too bad.

Bad points: it doesn't taste great, or even good. It tastes like you are trying to get fucked up for cheap. Also, I have to drive ten minutes out of my way on the way home to find it.
You got me at 8 and cheap.

Strangely with all our german beer culture beers above 5 abv are a rarity in regular stores. You need to pay extra for anything that`s out of the norm.
Cheap? There`s the door drunk...
Drink!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

This beer has the expotentialy greater hangover versus drunk. It's all that extra sugar. The way I figure, and I do some figuring, one 24oz of these is approximately equal to 4 regular beers. I had 2 of these, after work, Friday. So, that would be roughly an equivalent 8 beers in a relatively short time.
Anyway...potent beer, more potent hangover.

Will not drink again.....until Friday, maybe.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

strong beers are no joke, this is a serious engagement and well worth your 10 minute detour. Without pain there cannot be pleasure
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Doesn't driving 10 minutes out of the way negate somewhat from the value of this fantastic hangover inducer?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

a ten minute drive can be a 45 mintue walk and an extra super strength lager
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best