Whiskey Under Pressure

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Bluespook, Mother Goose, Shane-O-Matic, Plumber

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Whiskey Under Pressure

Post by scream ale »

I still say you can't rush greatness.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Yes, I`ll loose a lot of sleep over this hot topic
Drink!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Patchez wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:53 pm
Ok. There has been some talk in the past in whiskey circles about scientifically speeding up the whiskey and bourbon aging process. While this technically bars it from being called bourbon, the whiskey produced from these processes are supposed to be quite tasty.

So I sample the first pour. Savor it a bit. Smooth, caramel and vanilla notes with a slight spicy finish. I tell the guy one more sample to be sure. Second sample goes down like the first. I think this is a wonderful little whiskey. I said my best guess was 4 to 8 years.
How was the nose? And how long and subtle the finish? If they can pull this off, great! Roll on science. 3D printing GE whisky is fine with me. Arguably smoking malted barley over or a peat fire or barreling single malt in used sherry casks is cheating too. Purists can drink ethanol cut with distilled water, or scotch distilled from mash that’s been hand stirred by a Gaelic speaking Jacobite, it’s all good.

Labelling is very important though. If it doesn’t have an old fashioned looking fancy label, it’s no good.