My First Bender

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Nil
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

My First Bender

Post by Nil »

Three guys, one house, one week, £120 worth of booze (mostly spirits). Not as much as we could get through now, but I recall we were about 16 at the time. My memories of this event are still returning to me in fractured glimpses.

I recall Mike finding a stupid toy mobile phone somewhere, possibly shortly after we got into the tequila. He then proceeded to use it to phone Pete's younger brother and have a half-hour conversation with him, culminating in him pretending to give birth on the kitchen floor.

Various other friends turned up at different points throughout the week, and one insisted on us playing some stupid drinking game involving Red Dwarf. This did not go down well, as it involved occasional breaks from drinking. As a result, Pete (whose drinking character only appeared once in the entire series) played his own special version of the game involving taking a swig from a bottle of wine every time anything happened on screen.

Mike and I decided to play The Manly Drinking Game. This goes somewhat as follows. A bottle of vodka, two shot glasses. For every shot I take, he must take one. The shots should be repeated as often as possible. Repeat until one of us gives up or passes out. I'm not sure how far we got, but I definitely remember taking the thirteenth. I then tried to play Super Mario Sunshine. This primarily consisted of me swaying back and forth a lot, trying to keep my head pointed at the screen, while bellowing that "the sodding arsehole birds keep trying to steal my melon". I then declared that I felt "unwell", and went to sit in the bathroom in case I was sick.

The next thing I knew, some considerable amount of time had passed, and I was lying on Pete's couch, worrying that I had done some sort of damage to myself, as my left arm and leg were tingling and my left eye refused to focus properly. That went away after a while, and I began to discover a myriad of carpet burns and bruises on my lower back and stomach, caused (apparently) by Mike dragging my slumbering form from the bathroom to the sofa.

After this, it all starts to get a bit hazy. I remember downing a large mug filled with a mix of every single spirit we had in the house. Needless to say, I don't remember much after that. I remember the hideous, godawful sandwiches containing every single thing we could find in Pete's kitchen. I remember that by the final day, the only food in the house was half a box of Fruit Loops. I also have a vague recollection of someone trying to give beer to Pete's weasels, resulting in a near-lynching.

Apologies for the boring / fractured writing. It sounded better in my head.
Warren Ellis wrote:Only perverts put ice in single malt Scotch.

ReactionaryRob
Souse
Souse

Post by ReactionaryRob »

Rock on man, just be careful lol. I remember my first bender...I had no clue what the hell I was doing or how drunk I would get.

Never played mario sunshine, but halo is fun...drunk, otherwise i cant stand it.

happydrunk
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by happydrunk »

those are some good memories of some bad drink (every single spirit, ugh!) and food. yay first bender!
I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

Hell is no bourbon - Ms. Savage

Because that's how you win. Gunpowder and rum.,