i used to think...

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

i used to think...

Post by MeanOldLady »

...people who simply got the fuck out of dodge, and found a new home with whatever they had on them were crazy. now i know they are.

details at 11.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

ReactionaryRob
Souse
Souse

Post by ReactionaryRob »

I thought this was about that Face to Face song..."I used to think" off of the "over it" album.

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: i used to think...

Post by Martini Time »

MeanOldLady wrote:details at 11.
Dammit!! It's 11:17 and I WANT MY DETAILS!!!! :x
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"

Shot Time
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Shot Time »

I need to get out of dodge. am I crazy?
Use to be cool

Paralepsis
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Paralepsis »

erm - which 11?
Somedays I'd love to just walk away with nothing, but if that certifies my craziness, well -- details please, MOL!!

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

so, it turned 11 o'clock just....... now. okay, now for the news. the details of this story aren't hardly as interesting as i thought they would be, but i can make it seem so after i've had enough to drink. i am only mildly buzzed now after having being stuck in the rain, then retreating to my local shelter/bar and having some bourbon on an empty stomach. when i went to work this morning, the sun was out and it was too warm for my light corduroy (sp? i'm too lazy to look it up) jacket, on my way home it was raining cats and dogs, i was without an umbrella, and my jacket had long stopped preventing my hair from getting wet, and became a useless piece of wet cloth.

so i snuck into a tiny little bar on 5th street with no money, but luckily for me, being a young and non-ugly girl, i was able to get by and sneak in a few rounds with literally 85 cents on my person. hell, at this bar (the king eddy, ddb), you can even be an ugly girl with no money and be all right. at one point, there were 3 different old dudes vying to supply me with wild turkey. i'm generous, so i took it all. ultimately, some cute mexican boy got the lot of my attention, but i didn't get his phone number. it's all right, i had good convo, good bourbon and got a ride home without having to wait outside in the rain.

what am i talking about? this wasn't the original story, but since the original fell apart, i filled the space with another. the original story to come... i think. okay, i'm a little more than slightly buzzed. shh.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by **** »

i'm generous, so i took it all.
this made me smile in a non-malicious way. time for bed.

grippingthewheel
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by grippingthewheel »

MOL, when the world goes all 'Omega Man' please try and find me. Your resourcefulness will come in handy.
"Please welcomce in all his diluted glory the man whose story writes itself not unlike mine who feveriously types awaiting his next sip before the whipping, anticiapation is making me want to strangle someone." ~whiskyprick

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: i used to think...

Post by bluebottle »

MeanOldLady wrote:...people who simply got the fuck out of dodge, and found a new home with whatever they had on them were crazy. now i know they are.

details at 11.

i am this way. for years i have been travelling out of a backpack, maybe carrying an old manual smith-n-corona, remington, old royal, even just paper and pen. i have had countless jobs and been all over. i love it. mostly, i love sleeping under the stars. it is trouble finding a permanent addy, but there is always mail forwardign.
ps mol. i want to meet you under an umbrella when it's cold and chilly outside and then, break out my beaded flask to drive the rain away.

Shonus Andronicus

Post by Shonus Andronicus »

I plan on living in this style pretty soon...I'm planning on basically giving all my stuff to my dad for safe keeping (and making my little brother listen to all my music) and just moving around.

This doesn't work well with stoopid college.
An ambulance can only go so fast.

-Neil Young